PowerPoint was designed to provide pictorial guide for group presentations. PowerPoint presentation has come to be very widely used in many other communication situations, both in business and beyond as mentioned above. In a company, two or more people will find I very difficult to use the PowerPoint presentation at once and so it necessitates the use of Combine PowerPoint into a single file. We can not over emphasize the impact of the use of PowerPoint throughout society.
We’ve earlier pointed out the fact that It’s difficult for two or persons to operate the PowerPoint presentation simultaneously because there is no same collaboration features offered by Google Slides. We also stated that, one way in which this problem can be solved is by bringing the PowerPoint presentations into a single file.
Recommended: How You Can Enter Canada as a Skilled Worker
There are two ways to combine PowerPoint presentation, this can be done either by importing the slides using the “Reuse Slides” option or by using the copy-and-paste method. Only the latest version of office supports these instructions including Office 2016 and 2019, as well as Office 365 and Online.
Using The Reuse Slides Option To Combine PowerPoint
Reuse Slides option is considered the best way or method for combining PowerPoint files. This method is supported by PowerPoint officially. Use this steps below to use “Reuse Slide”:
- First, open your PowerPoint presentation file, make sure it’s the file you want to merge into.
- On the “Home” screen click the ribbon bar then select the “New Slide” button
- Once that is done, click the “Reuse Slides” option at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the “Browse” button on the menu that shows at the right to locate the PowerPoint presentation file that you want to merge into your open file.
- Then click the Browse button in the Reuse Slides menu to begin copying slides from another presentation
- Now go to the second PowerPoint file and click the “Open” button to insert it.
- To keep the format from the original presentation, the “Keep Source Formatting” checkbox must be enabled at the bottom of the “Reuse Slides” menu.
- Click the “Keep Source Formatting” box to keep the formatting of your existing slides before inserting them into a new PowerPoint file.
- Right click a slide to add single file and then select the “Insert Slide” option. To add all slides, click the “Insert All Slides” to copy all of the slides into your open PowerPoint presentation.
- Then Right click and press “Insert Slide” or “Insert All Slides” to insert slides from your other presentation into your open PowerPoint file. The slide or slides will be inserted into the open presentation at once below the selected slide.
- Having your PowerPoint files combined, save your merged file by clicking File > Save or Save As.
Using Copy and Paste PowerPoint Slides
On your presentation page, select the slides you want to copy from the menu on the left.
Right click on the selected slides and press the “Copy” icon to copy them to your clipboard.
Once that is done, Select the slides you’re looking to copy, then right-click > Copy to copy them to your clipboard
After which you Switch to the PowerPoint presentation you’re looking to paste your slides into and then, in the slide selection menu on the left, right-click at the position you want to stick your slides.
Now, to paste the slides and apply the theme of the open presentation file to them, click the “Use Destination Theme” paste option. After clicking on it, apply the formatting of the open PowerPoint file to them.
If you want to keep the original theme and formatting, select the “Keep Source Formatting” paste option instead to maintain. Also to keep the original theme applied to your pasted slides, press the “Keep Source Formatting” paste option
Afterwards, the slides you paste will then appear in your new presentation at the position you selected. Save the merged file by clicking File, then Save or Save As.