The President General of Initiative for Transparent Strategy and Good Leadership, Barrister Chizy Enyi has described some of the Judges of Rivers State Judiciary as been teleguided.
According to him, Before the coming into office of this present administration, Rivers State Judiciary was known to have integrity and apolitical. It is very unfortunate that Rivers State Judiciary now seems to be an arm more of partisan politics because of the activities of some Judges and we noted as follows;
1. The way and manner Rivers State Judiciary is now operating, shows that someone is teleguiding the judiciary against opposition parties in Rivers State.
2. By the practice direction no 2 of 2020 issued by the Chief Judge of Rivers State and Covid19 pandemic rules, states that processes of courts are no longer filed manually but electronically and online. The suit against Chief Victor Giadom, was filed manually against the practice direction, was filed the same day, heard same day and order issued immediately. Infact the speed in which that order came, means that it was not draw up by Justice Fiberesima. The worst of it all, is that the judge even granted the reliefs sort in the originating summons at the experte application. What an irony.
4. The way experte injunctions are now chunked out from Port Harcourt High Courts against opposition parties in Rivers State, shows that it is a black market injunction which is even deemed and expected to have been granted immediately an action is filed against an opposition party in Rivers State.
5. How come only judges appointed by Gov. Wike and those sympathetic to him, are been assigned matters that concerns APC and other opposition political parties in Rivers State. In 2019, APC could not filled in candidates for election because of Justice Nwogu who was appointed by Gov. Wike. In 2019, Justice Augusta Chukwu who was also appointed by Gov. Wike and is also the wife of the PDP legal adviser in Rivers State, bracingly issued an injunction against APC congresses in Rivers State.
6. In 2020, Justice Fiberesima appointed by Wike has again issued injunction against APC and Acting National Chairman of APC, Chief Victor Giadom.
7. On the 9th of June, 2020, a retiring judge (Justice Omereji) known to be given judgment in favour of Wike, who was also compensated with the chairmanship of the panel of inquiry that investigated Amaechi and other top APC officials in Rivers State, gave two judgments same day against APC and imposed Igo Aguma as Acting Chairman of APC in Rivers State against what the constitution says.
8. Just today, the same justice Chiwendu Nwogu, appointed by Wike and whose order. restrained APC from fielding in candidates for 2019 general election in Rivers State, have again restrained APC from recognising its National Chairman, Chief Victor Giadom. The said order is still contained in the Originating summon and we wonder why reliefs sort in originating summon will be granted experte. It is worrisome to note that the same restraining order has been granted by Justice fiberesima of Rivers State High Court on the same subject matter.
It is becoming obvious, that some sections of the Rivers State Judiciary is against opposition parties in Rivers State and is purely playing the script of the Rivers State Government.
What if the government changes, what becomes of the hope of some of those Rivers State Judiciary Judges who thinks that this present administration will never come to an end.
We hereby advice as follows;
1. Those judges who have dragged Rivers State Judiciary into politics by issuing unnecessary restraining orders against opposition parties in Rivers State should desist forthwith from their practice.
2. The Chief Judge of Rivers State, who though is not a saint, should stop assigning political cases to judges who where either appointed by Gov. Wike or are sympathetic to him.
We also urge the National Judicial Council, to urgently call the Chief Judge of Rivers State to order as to restore the confidence that Judiciary is the last hope of the common man.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.