African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff/ Nurse
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Position N°: 50071483
- The Vice-Presidency for Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services & institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and health and safety strategies
The Hiring Department
- The Overall objective of the Medical and Occupational Health Services unit is to make the Bank an employer of choice by providing staff members with the most conducive and healthy working environment. Its mission is to drive the transformation of the Medical and Occupational Health Services offered by the Bank and enhancing health promotion, prevention strategies and comprehensive interventions in an effort to protect, preserve and promote the health and well-being of all staff members – healthy lifestyles for all.
- Specifically, the Unit seeks to ensure proper application of the Banks’s policies, instructions and procedures on matters of staff members health and well-being; formulate health and welfare policies which are consistent with the best practices in healthcare in the workplace; and ensure the administrations and provision of quality medical care to the Bank’s staff and their dependents; facilitate a health working environment for staff through the observance of the best practices in health and well-being.
- Under the supervision and general guidance of the Medical Officer, the Nurse assumes the clinical functions; namely all nursing duties within a facility, physician assistance, mass vaccinations, assisting staff members and their dependents with specialized examinations, hiring, and hospital admissions of members. He/she will also support the doctor for administrative aspects; i.e. management of clinical statistics registers, monitoring of vaccinations, management of stocks of emergency and standard medicines, inventory of medicines and medical equipment taken from appointments, management of administrative files etc..
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Medical Officer, the nurse will perform the following:
- Exercise of clinical functions – first aid, application of prescribed treatments, vaccinations, provision of medicines for minor ailments, health advice, etc.
- Assist the doctor with medical examinations and provide treatment.
- Conduct mass vaccinations as needed.
- Make recommendations for specialized examinations, arrange/coordinate staff admissions to hospital, and visit the hospital/home to treat staff members, temporary employees or sick consultants.
- Provide medical services to staff members’ relatives by offering appointments for private consultations and hospital admissions.
- Inform new staff members, short-term employees and consultants assigned to the Bank and field offices of the medical facilities available to them, the mandatory vaccines and prophylaxis measures
- Active participation in staff sensitization programs
- Maintain periodic clinical statistical records (conditions, consultations, vaccinations, medical evacuations and maternity leave, number of consultations per day); enter data into the Vaccination Tracking System and monitor it.
- Manage the stock of emergency and standard medicines.
- Conduct a regular inventory of the Medical Centre’s drugs and medical equipment. Submit requests to the Division Head for the replacement and renewal of the stock of drugs.
- Check the expiry dates of medications regularly.
- Ensure that staff comply with regular medical examination procedures, make appointments with the doctor and inform staff members of the necessary preparations, maintain an appropriate monitoring system.
- Draw the doctor’s attention to cases requiring additional measures, e.g., medical travel, extension of sick leave, maternity leave, business class travel.
- Ensure that staff members are aware of the Bank’s recommendations on medical issues, malaria, vaccinations, etc.
- Maintain confidential records on all Bank staff and protect their confidentiality.
- Maintain close liaison with hospitals and licensed physicians with whom staff members and their families deal.
- Perform any other duties associated with the position, as required
- Be a holder of Bachelor in Nursing or a “Diplôme d’Etat d’Infirmier (Francophone countries);
- Additional qualification in the field of public health will be an added advantage;
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment;
- Proof of at least five (5) years of clinical experience in a hospital intensive care unit;
- The status of registered nurse/midwife entitled to work in the country of origin is highly desirable;
- Proven ability to assess and document hospital discharges will be considered an asset;
- Ability to interact effectively with people and collaborate with colleagues;
- Attention to details;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Problem solving skills;
- Physical endurance;
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2019.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.