African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Agent, PSEC – Short Term Staff
Reference: ADB/ 19/178
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG)..
The Hiring Department
- The African Development Bank’s Security Unit (PSEC) is a robust security function reporting to the President of the Bank. Deep global analytical capabilities combined with Africa wide security processes are in place in order to provide the full spectrum of security services to the Bank.
- Security Unit detects, deters and reacts to a broad range of risks spanning the security spectrum; physical; political, information and reputational risks around the globe are monitored closely to address the changing security dynamic.
- Our security requirements include risk analysis, training, coordination with outside actors and implementation of security programs at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- The Security Agent assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for AfDB in the Bank’s Head Quarter host country or in the region of assignment.
- The Security Agent fully supports the PSEC Management through the execution of their security responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Head Of Security Unit, the Security Agent will perform the following:
- Follow up and control the work delivered by the contracted guards and firemen
- Take all incoming calls on the Bank’s emergency security numbers
- Keep a daily incidents/events logbook and provide a daily situation report to the supervisor
- Take initiatives to respond efficiently to security situations occurring in the Bank’s office buildings
- Liaise with external partners to provide assistance to staff in distress outside the Bank’s facilities (police, medical services, fire department, contracted Rapid Reaction forces)
- Inform immediately their supervisor whenever a situation needs to be escalated to a more senior level in the structure – using phone and/or the Bank’s VHF/UHF communication system
- Whenever required, move rapidly to the location of an incident to provide direct support and assistance to staff and to coordinate the action of external partners on the ground
- Hold at least a minimum qualification of Post High School Diploma (BTS/DUT in francophone system) or equivalent qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience inthe armed forces, law enforcement forces, and/or a private security company
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Knowledge of producing daily situational reports
- A good knowledge of law, acquired through either higher education or professional experience working in a law enforcement unit (police, gendarmerie, armed forces) or a private security company. Knowledge of Ivoirian law could be an added advantage.
- Must hold a valid driving license (with 3 years of experience) and demonstrate ability to drive/ride the Unit’s vehicles – including large four-wheel drive cars. And practical test will be conducted to validate the driving competency.
- Demonstrated experience working for International Organizations is an added advantage;
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- Discretion, good manners, impeccable presentation, ability to communicate calmly, courteously and effectively with VIPs/International Civil Servants – both in person and over the phone.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2019.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit with their application:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Scanned copies of relevant certified educational qualifications
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment
- Any additional document that may be stated as required.
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short term staff (local staff)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.