Are you aware that Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019 application is ongoing? Do you want us to guide you on how to apply for Save the Children Nigeria Massive Recruitment for Enumerators? If yes, then you are at the right place.
In this post, we will give you the full information, requirements, qualification and guidelines on how to apply for the ongoing Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities.
In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator – Data Collection
Job ID: 190000F2
Locations: Lagos and Kaduna
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Slots: 122 Openings (40 in Lagos and 82 in Kaduna)
Alive & Thrive is a global initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices. Good nutrition in the first 1,000 days, from conception to two years of age, is critical to enable all children to lead healthier and more productive lives. Alive & Thrive is managed by FHI 360 and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and Ireland.
Save the Children is working with Alive and Thrive in 10 LGAs in Lagos, to implement activities that improve the availability and quality of IYCF counselling in health facilities and communities. Save the Children will be responsible for activities under Component 2 IPC and Community Mobilization and contribute to Component 4 Strategic Use of Data through ongoing monitoring of SC activities. SC’s actions will contribute to A&Ts overall goals, improving IYCF practices in target populations, improving HW skill and capacity and creating an enabling environment in the community to support optimal IYCF behaviours, which will contribute to the behaviour change targets of Alive and Thrive.
Rationale for the Activity:
- As part of the efforts to ensure that mothers who seek care at health facilities receive appropriate IYCF counselling, Save the Children trained health workers along with LGA Medical Officers of Health, Apex nurses of each LGA selected primary and secondary facilities in the selected wards in the 26 project focal LGAs in Lagos and Kaduna states
- However, data has shown that pregnant women and mothers of children under 2 years default in completing the recommended number of visits to health facilities to receive antenatal and child welfare services thereby also missing out of IYCF services essential for child growth and development in the first 1000 days of the child’s life.
- As result of this backdrop, Alive & Thrive project propose to conduct a Mother Listing data collection exercise from existing health facility and TBA records of currently pregnant women and mother of children under 2 years. The data will be used to track the defaulting pregnant women and caregivers of children under 2 years and encourage uptake of essential ANC, child welfare and IYCF services.
Objectives of the Activity:
The primary objective of the activity collect is to:
- Collect names and contact information of pregnant women and mothers of children under 2 years so as to track and encourage defaulting caregivers to access and take up IYCF and other essential child related services.
- Utilise mother listing information to reinforce IYCF messages received from HFs and community service providers amongst caregivers in the communities.
- Utilise mother listing information to strengthen community mobilization strategy using Alive and Thrive project engaged ward level Community Mobilization Volunteers (CMVs).
- SC has designed an electronic data collection form pre-coded with the LGAs, ward, location and data source details to which caregivers’ information will be entered
- The form will be utilized by a team of data collectors to be trained and deployed to all A&T project supported health facilities and TBAs to collect the required information from the ANC registers, General Attendance register and TBA pregnant women records.
- The data collection form will be deployed via smartphones and is available on laptops as well. It has been developed with the support of the CO IT team based on the above objectives and have followed series of reviews before its finalization.
For the purpose of this activity, 122 Enumerators (40 in Lagos and 82 in Kaduna) will be engaged in both states to conduct the data collection. The criteria for the selection of enumerators include:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- O’ Level / SSCE education
- Possession of a functional smartphone.
- Proven ability to use / experience with online data collection tools e.g. Kobo-collect, Survey Monkey, Survey-Togo, etc.
Data Collation and Reporting:
- The data will be collected electronically using the designed form on smartphone / laptops. The Data Assistants will download the collected data, check and validate with snapshots or hardcopies of the source documents from randomly selected health facilities and TBAs in all LGAs to verify and highlight outlier data for cleanup.
- At the end of the activity, project will have a valid and comprehensive list of names and contact details of eligible caregivers in the project coverage wards.
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates who wants to apply for Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019 should Click Here to Apply Online
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019.
Important Notice: A selection form have been attached to capture more details about you and your preffered location. Please fill and re-attach. This is compulsory.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.