African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program and Budget Coordinator, ECGF
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50001110
- The Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP Complex) core objective is to give greater visibility and prominence to knowledge, its dissemination and management.
- This is done through the (i) generation of access to operationally relevant, multi-sector research on African development issues; (ii) the narrowing of the data statistics gap in Africa by improving the availability, quality and coverage of statistics, for policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and effective monitoring of progress and contributing to the development of cooperation statistics in Africa.
- ECVP is also the focal point for capacity development and provision of training with a clear focus on those areas most relevant to ensuring economic growth and efficient implementation of Bank-financed projects and enhancing their impact.
The Hiring Department
- The Governance and Public Financial Management Coordination Office (ECGF) is in the complex of the Chief Economist / Vice Presidency for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP), based at the Headquarters in Abidjan, and is responsible for coordination and operationalization of the Bank’s Governance policy, strategy and programs, including lending and non-lending work.
- ECGF works in collaboration with the other complex’s and departments of the Bank towards ensuring (i) that the Bank’s substantive technical engagement with key policy and strategy processes in the area of governance and public financial management are properly coordinated; and (ii) that the Bank’s interventions in Regional Member Countries, through program-based operations/ budget support and institutional strengthening projects promote effective and accountable governance and public financial management
- The main purpose of the Program and Budget Coordinator is to assist the management and staff of the department in: (i) coordinating the implementation of the annual work programme and related assignments; (ii) preparing the administrative budget and monitoring its implementation; (iii) Monitoring portfolio performance and the KPIs; (iv) supporting task managers with the costing and financial analysis of Institutional Support Projects
- The work accomplished will contribute to realizing the Bank’s governance work programme as it relates to the implementation of the Bank’s High Fives priorities: Feed Africa; Light-up Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and Improve the lives of the people of Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Governance and PFM Coordination Office the Program and Budget Coordinator Officer Will:
- Contribute to the preparation and the monitoring of the Annual Work Programme of the department;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensure their consistency with Complex level KPIs and prepare regular status reports and annual activity reports;
- Coordinate the preparation of the yearly budget and ensure all data is uploaded in SRAS.
- Keep the portfolio database of the department (active and pipeline projects);
- Coordinate responses to queries concerning ECGF program management;
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the quarterly mission schedules and collate related data for reports;
- Ensure a close follow up of the department’s activities and regularly update the work programme;
- Represent the department in some of the coordination meetings with other departments of the Bank;
- Liaise with Information Systems Department (CHIS) if necessary, for all issues relating to the SAP system and other information technologies; play the role of SAP resource person in the department; provide training to staff of the department in the use of SAP-PS;
- Support Task Managers and project teams with financial analysis and costing during preparation and appraisal of Institutional Support Projects- using tools such as COSTAB or excel.
- Keep up to date information for exchange with partnership agencies and institutions such as bilateral donors (DFID, EU, CIDA, etc.) and multilateral donors (WB, IMF, UNECA, etc.);
- Disseminate information and liaise with the communications and external relations department (PCER) to update and manage the website’s content;
- Contribute to the quarterly work program and budget reports;
- Liaise regularly with other key Departments of the Bank, including front office, budget department, resources mobilization etc;
- Supervise the work of the Team and Administrative Assistants of the Department; and
- Perform any other duty assigned by the department.
- Hold at least a minimum of a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Information Technology, Business Management, Finance or in a related discipline;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant professional experience, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently;
- Good working knowledge of planning, work programme and budget preparation.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications, in particular Excel and practical knowledge of SAP; knowledge and experience in the use of other applications of the Bank, such as SRAS and COSTAB is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage project pipeline & portfolio and report periodically on achievementsCapacity to communicate and write effectively in either English or French.
- Familiarity with project management and project identification procedures of development institutions, multilateral development banks and, in particular, of the African Development Bank, an added advantage
- Experience with, COSTAB or other tools for costing of projects.
- Great facilitation, communication and analytical skills; ability to work in teams; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation; and ability to collaborate within teams and across boundaries;
- Ability to succeed in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong team spirit, including interpersonal communication and client orientation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2019.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.