The Ogun State Government is requesting assistance from the World Bank to fund the Ogun State Economic Transformation Program (OGSTEP) through an Investment Project Financing instrument, The funds will support the Ogun State Development Plan (SDP) (2018-2030) with a focus on business environment, skills development and public sector governance.
The ministry of budget and planning has the responsibility for project implementation and ensuring that the project development objectives are met and coordinated by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Applications are invited for the following positions below:
- Social Specialist
- Consultant, Engagement of Value Chain Development Firms (VCDF)
- Baseline Study Consultant
- Rural Infrastructure Engineer – OGSTEP
- Consultant – Education Management Information System (EMIS)
- Consultant (Verification for Agriculture Clusters, Roads)
- Environmental Specialist
- Consultant (In-Depth Analysis of Priority Value Chains)
- Procurement Reform Specialist
- Land Administration Expert – OGSTEP
- FRILIA Specialist
- Farm & Farmers’ Registration Consultant
- Consultant (Regulatory framework for Ogun State Business Environment Council)
- Independent Verification Agency
- The Ogun State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (hereinafter referred to as IDA) Bank towards the financing of the OGUN STATE ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (OGSTEP). The Project Coordinating Office of OGSTEP intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under contracts for the Consultancy Services:
- The OGSTEP is in line with the Ogun State Development Plan 2017-2030 (SDP) reform agenda to accelerate strategic reforms and foster public investment to enable greater private sector participation in the State’s economy which is organized around five cardinal programs covering agriculture production and industrialization, infrastructure and rural development, education, health, and affordable housing and urban renewal.
- The OGSTEP Agriculture component seeks to help address key constraints to increased private sector investment in agriculture. The Agriculture component will support three types of activities: First, support the development and implementation of the international best practice Framework for Responsible and Inclusive Land-Intensive Agricultural Investments (FRILIA) in Ogun State ; Second, foster the engagement of Value Chain Development Firms (VCDF), and finally, develop critical infrastructure to strengthen market linkages to production areas where value chain development alliances are being promoted.
- The project will promote farming operations in the following priority value chains: 1. Food Crops, 2. Horticulture, 3. Livestock and 4. Fiber.
- Based on the afore-mentioned, it is therefore important that as part of efforts towards project implementation, (including front end activities, pre-implementation activities etc.) a Social Specialist is required to support the activities of the Project Manager and sector lead
- The Social Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day management of tasks executed by OGSTEP Agric in relation to project preparation and project implementation geared towards the farmers and firms, while working closely with the Project Manager
Scope of Work
The project will seek to enhance the sustainability and competitiveness of rural community-based agriculture enterprises by way of informing the business development strategy with respect to current market needs and trends both locally and internationally as well as ensuring alignment with broader development goals.
This work assists Ogun State to meet Disbursement-Linked Indicators (DLIs) for the World Bank assisted, “Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP),” scheduled to start March 2020. The Social Specialist(s) will therefore be required to support the OGSTEP Agric Sector Technical Team, Project Manager and the Agriculture portfolio in terms of the evolving trends and demands for products as well as to provide assistance in the areas of enterprise development and competitiveness. The Social Specialist will therefore be required to:
- Coordinate and carry out social and technical studies required for comprehensive environmental impact assessment.
- Undertake reporting approvals and compliance issues to both the project team and atlas leadership team.
- Development and implementation of Social Management plans.
- Facilitate awareness among the project team in relation to approval/ compliance-related information requirements.
- Contribute to establishment and development of project, environmental implementation strategy and system.
- Timely submission of social safeguards instruments together with work plans for activities
- Develops and manages complex agriculture and environmental activities as well as providing leadership in monitoring and evaluation.
- Carry out field visits to review compliance with social safeguards instruments and prepare semi-annual reports as inputs to the project progress reports
- Perform other duties that may be required by the Project Manager and the sector lead.
Report and Schedule of Deliveries:
- The Social Specialist will be required to provide reports, documents and deliverables as required by the project and as directed by the Project Manager regarding his/her activities.
Services to be provided by the Client:
- The OGSTEP Sector Technical Team working closely with the PIU and Ministry of Agriculture is responsible for the provision of an office for the implementation of the duties.
Institutional and Organization Arrangements:
- The Social Specialist will work directly with the Agric Sector, Project Manager and the Honorable Commissioner for Agriculture.
Recruitment Qualifications/ Competencies
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Social Science or a related field is required.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
Payment and Fee for Service
Payments shall include the agreed consultancy fees and reimbursable expenses associated with the performance of the consultancy activities. The payment of the consultant will be based on sign off of deliverables by the Project Manager and sector lead
Ogun State Government Job Recruitment 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications clearly labelled “Consultancy for Ogun State Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP) – Agric Sector – Social Specialist” to: [email protected] / [email protected]
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Profile of previous work done related to this project.
- Contact details (office address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses).
Note: Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Ogun State Government Job Recruitment 2020, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.