The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, ile-Ife, one of the foremost Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, was founded on the Ife Philosophy as a guiding principle which focuses on an integrated healthcare delivery system approach with emphasis on comprehensive healthcare services comprising primary at the base, secondary and tertiary services at the hospital settings. The institution has six (6) healthcare hosital units with 780 -Bed complement and 55 Dental Chairs offering diverse and specialized services.
The vision of the institution is to become a leading centre of excellence in every Clinical Training and Support Services while its mission is to provide quality healthcare services, Manpower Development through Training and Research for the overall Benefit of the Patients and the Society.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Junior Residency Training Programme
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
Qualified candidates are needed for Junior Residency Training Programme in the following area:
- Chemical Pathology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ear, Nose And Throat- Otorhinolaryngology (Ent)
- Mental Health
- Microbiology & Parasitology
- Community Health
- Family Medicine (Gmp)
- Morbid Anatomy
- Restorative Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Haematology & Blood Transfusion
- Orthodontics & Child Dentistry
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine & Oral Pathology
- Dermatology & Venerology
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for Junior Residency Training Programme leading to the award of Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (FNMC) and the West African College of Physicians (FWACP) / West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) must possess M.B.B.S or M.B.Ch.B degree or equivalent qualifications plus full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and evidence of completion of or exemption from the NYSC.
- A pass in the relevant Primary Examination of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African Postgraduate Medical College is a pre-requisite for consideration for admission into the Training Programme in any of the specialties.
- Successful candidates will be required to perform medical duties assigned to them by the Heads of Departments. They will be expected to participate fully in all the activities of their departments and exhibit a very high degree of devotion to duty.
Conditions of Service
These are similar to those obtainable in the Federal Public Service and Federal Tertiary Health Institution in Nigeria.
CONMESS 03 Step 02 (N2,642,162.00).
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the “Employment Form” below. All completed forms with photocopies of all relevant credentials / documents and Twenty (20) copies of up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (See format below) should be forwarded to the office of:
The Chief Medical Director,
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
P.M.B. 5538, Ile-Ife,