Here is the NSHP Application Form Portal and all you need to know about the National Social Housing Programme (NSHP).
The Federal Government has Launched an Affordable Home Scheme, National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) for Nigerians to realize their dream Home with just N2m
To own your own house is no longer a rocket science. The #ESPSocialHousing is part of the implementation of the Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP) designed by the Professor Yemi Osinbajo led committee. This housing project for Nigerians is highly necessary.
• In June 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the 2.3 Trillion Naira Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP) prepared by the Osinbajo-led Economic Sustainability Committee.
• The Federal Government social housing scheme is one of the planned schemes under the ESP targeted at providing 300,000 low-income houses and creating 1.8 million jobs in the process.
• To achieve these goals, the Family Homes Funds has been appointed as the implementing agency for this initiative and it will construct 300,000 housing units across the country.
• To kick start the social housing projects, the CBN has already committed to a N200 billion facility and most of the sites where the housing project will commence have already been identified across various geo-political zones by the Federal Government.
• The early start sites include those in Osun and Ogun in the Southwest; Enugu & Abia in the Southeast; Delta, in the South-south; Bauchi in the Northeast; Kebbi in the Northwest; Nasarawa and Plateau in the North-central; and a number of sites in Abuja.
• Several other states including Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, Cross River, Sokoto, Kaduna, Zamfara, Katsina, Borno, and Yobe, are also working towards kick-starting the project in their states in the next phase.
• The programme has 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units that will be sold at low prices. The 1-bedroom unit will cost as little as between N1.8miliion to N2million, while financial assistance would be available for Nigerians to pay the mortgage.
• To achieve the low-price points being targeted, a model design has been produced for the 1- and 2-bedroom houses against which a sample house has been built to demonstrate the costings.
• The form of financial assistance that will be made available to Nigerians include mortgage loans at low interest rates.
• Financing will be arranged through the designation of a Homes Warehousing Agent that will purchase the completed homes from the developers. Individual buyers will then purchase homes from these Home’ Warehousing Agents.
• Family Homes Fund Limited (FHFL) has mobilized cooperatives and other such organised groups across the country as the main offtakers for the homes.
• For instance, FHFL recently met with 93 Cooperative Leaders from the 6 geographical zones, under the aegis of the Co-Operatives Federation of Nigeria.
• A Housing Portal that allows all interested parties in the scheme to get more information on the programme and express their interest in it will be launched on the 16th of December. Possible interested parties include individuals and organized groups interested in home ownership under the scheme, as well as delivery partners including developers, young professionals in the building industry, suppliers, and manufacturers.
• Focusing on job creation under the social housing project, jobs will be created from the need for the local production of building materials and housing inputs such as doors, windows, hinges, frames, cement, paints, etc. For instance, about 1.5m doors would be needed, 1.8m windows, 7.8m hinges amongst other input needs.
• Building sites will also function like factories for the manufacturing of these house inputs to increase local production of building materials and save costs on the importation of building products.
• The social housing project will also employ both the services of established developers and young small-medium scale professional contractors (architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, accountants, etc). These groups will in turn employ the needed artisans.
Note: No governor or politician can hijack any FG program by this administration. Your only part is to register. No IM (Ima Mmadu). You don’t need to know any politician, you don’t need to know anybody. Just register, wait, and then boom..Until they exhaust the funds/resources for that particular program. Again, these FG programs cannot be hijacked by any politician no matter how powerful.
NSHP Application Form Portal
To register through the NSHP Application Form Portal, kindly follow the guidelines below;
- Visit https://nshp.gov.ng
- You will see 3 options
- Go with what’s best for you
- Then fill the form and Submit.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about NSHP Application Form Portal, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.