Application is currently ongoing for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021.
Are you a Nigerian waiting for this opportunity to join the Nigeria customs service? Are you looking for the Nigerian customs Form?
Would you mind if we tell you how to register for the Nigerian customs service jobs? If yes, then read on now.
On this page, you will get relevant information on NCS recruitment requirement, qualifications, application procedures and how to apply for the 2021 Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment.
About Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021
Nigeria Custom Service was established in 1891 and charged with the responsibility of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities. Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
Consequently, one of the challenges to Nigeria Customs Service is the proactive management of the seeming contradictory role of ensuring improvements in speedy delivery of services, while maintaining systematic and effective intervention controls, necessary to meet the demands of complex and growing international trade, characterized in recent times by economic crime, money laundering, menace of terrorism, threatening weapons of mass destruction, violation of intellectual property rights, and dumping of toxic and hazardous substances.
Available Positions for NCS Recruitment 2021-2022
There are 3 different categories in the NCS recruitment 2021. You will have to choose one below and apply.
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre
You can check the full application requirements for each category below.
1) Graduate Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC II)
2) Assistant Inspector (Support Staff)
3) Assistant Inspector (General Duty)
4) Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 04
5) Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 04
6) Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 03
7) Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 03
Other Specific Requirements
- Senior ranking officers comprising of Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
- Applicants that are between the ages of 18-30 years
- Applicants who possess a Bachelor’s Degree or an HND equivalent in any of the following field of study and NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
- Applicants who possess ND/NCE obtained from accredited Polytechnics in any of the listed fields of study in the cadre and NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Applicants that are aged 18 – 25years
- Junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant.
- Applicants who possess SSCE/NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects. OR GCE Ordinary Level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings for Customs Assistant Grade-II – CONSOL 04.
- Applicants must possess evidence of full course in Government approved first school leaving certificate or S.75 or JSSC OR relevant Trade Test certificate for Customs Assistant – CONSOL 03.
So now let’s walk you through the simple step by step guide on how to fill Nigerian customs application registration form 2021 but before that, are you eligible? Here is the general eligibility requirement.
Requirements for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021 – General
To be able to access NCS portal and apply for the online recruitment, you must follow the standard mentioned below.
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years
- Not be less than 1.7 meters in height, for males and 1.64 meters for females.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have found guilty of any criminal offence
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable
NOTE: Any certificate or Qualification not Declared or Tendered and Accepted during application shall not be acceptable after recruitment exercise you are hereby warned:
- You should Ensure to submit documents that are required by the cadre you are applying for. (Eg. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree for Inspectorate cadre)
- Do not submit more than one application. You will be disqualified.
Now that you are well versed with the application requirements, we think it’s time to apply if you are up to the standard.
How to Apply for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2021
To start the application process, you must visit the recruitment portal on https://vacancy.customs.gov.ng
Get your personal details, educational qualification and work experience ready before you start the application.
Now that you have everything within your disposal, it’s time to login to the NCS Recruitment Portal 2021 and submit an application.
Nigerian customs service Application procedure
To apply for the Nigerian Customs Service, applicants have to go through the below steps
- Go to www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng
- Click the application link and create an account
- Fill in your basic details like names, address, phone number and email
- Verify your email and log in back to the website
- Scan and upload your credentials
- You’ll be given a reference number, take note of it and keep it safe.
- In addition, you’ll be either asked to upload or download forms like parent guidance form, acknowledgement form, police report and Local government identification letter.
You should note that disabled applicants are not eligible for the recruitment process, also, applicants with tattoos can give a wrong impression.
However, it is important all applicants are patient with the recruitment process as it is in stages and it may seem like a long process to applicants but it depends on the modalities of the Nigerian Custom officials.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.