The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: National Procurement Officer – FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP)
In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency in domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Government’s strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
This development initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement of seven (7) crops which are Rice, Wheat, Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Cowpea and Groundnut. It integrates climate change resilience adaptation measures and has a private sector orientation in the provision of extension services.
IFAD-CASP builds on Community Development Association (CDA) model as the primary entry point for implementation. The programme started in July, 2016, with completion date scheduled for 31st March, 2021 and financial closing date for 30th September, 2021.
IFAD-CASP is being implemented in Katsina, Kebbi, Jigawa and Zamfara through four main components, namely: Productivity Enhancement and Climate Resilience; Enterprise Development for Women and Youth; Institutional Development; and Programme Coordination and Management.
The main driver of vulnerability in the northern States is soil erosion, therefore activities that seek to rehabilitate the vegetation cover and conserve soil and water resources are given priority in the States. Communities are encouraged to implement Sustainable Land Management activities such as Soil and Water Conservation with the provision of farm water harvesting structures; rehabilitation of degraded landscapes and rangelands; Livestock Watering Points; establishment of woodlots, Great Green Wall reforestation activities and rehabilitation of rural farm-to-market access roads.
Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates that are interested to participate in the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP).
- The National Procurement Officer (NPO) will be responsible for the coordination of the procurement of goods, works and services financed under the Project.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in Katsina, but may involve occasional travel to participating States
- The NPO will report directly to the NPC.
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop activities for the Annual Work plan and Budgets (AWPBs)
- Undertake procurement activity as per the draft Procurement Plan which provides the estimated costs and the basis for the procurement methods for each procurement item under the programme
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of goods, works and services
- Prepare bidding documents, tender notices, and invitations for bids
- Receive bids, as well as finalize contracts
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with the contracts conditions, payment terms
- Maintain all the records relating to procurement and regularly update the contract registrar
- Undertake regular analysis of procurement process and proactively institute measures to improve procurement efficiency
- Maintain a separate record relating to complaints and their redress
- Update periodically the Procurement Plan in agreement with the Programme team to reflect the actual programme implementation needs and improvements in institutional capacity
- Ensure implementation of agreed procurement arrangements
- Prepare procurement implementation reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of IFAD and the government for both the NPMU and consolidated reports for the entire programme
- Providing guidance and supervision to the state, the beneficiaries and service providers
- Ensuring that the procurement capacity of state, beneficiaries and service providers is developed
- Consolidate state progress reports and contribute tothe drafting of periodic project progress reports of the PSO.
- A First Degree/HND in Engineering, Law, Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration or other relevant qualification, with relevant training in World Bank Group procurement guidelines and procedures
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in procurement under externally assisted projects. Direct experience in World Bank-financed projects would be an asset
- Demonstrated competence in procurement under externally assisted projects;
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
12pm, 15th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Project Staff Under FGN/IFAD-CASP Project”. Each envelope should include a CV and an Application Letter with a Cover Letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
Projects Coordinating Unit,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.