Here is a post which is going to give you full details about the N-power MTN Sim Card, how to conserve data on your Npower MTN sim card, how to recharge the sim card, how to check the balance and how to configure the internet settings.
The npower empowerment program partners with MTN to distribute the npower devices to beneficiaries of the program. This partnership means that the npower devices are distributed with MTN sim cards. Although the npower MTN sim cards look like every other MTN sim card you buy but there are quite a few differences between the MTN sim card you will buy along the road and the npower MTN sim card that ships with your devices.
Read: How To Know If N-power 2022 Pre-selection List is Out – www.npower.gov.ng
As we all know, the N-power MTN sim card comes with one year free internet access which enables beneficiaries to browse free for one year, that alone should tell you that there are certain configurations that have been done on the sim card.
However, you must know that the free internet on the npower MTN sim card is capped at 750MB of data monthly. Now, the question that comes across your mind will be like, the 750MB is it unlimited? The answer is capital NO.
The implication is that if you are a youtube movie streaming freak, or just love to download pieces of stuff off the internet, you will exhaust this data pretty fast.
Personally, I consume roughly 10 – 20GB of data every month so I can only imagine how conservative someone needs to be to ensure the data is not exhausted too soon. If the data is exhausted before the next month when renewal is due, the user must subscribe to data with his/her money.
How To Conserve Data on N-power Mtn Sim Card
To conserve the data on the Npower Mtn sim, beneficiaries must take note of the following steps below:
1. Turn off data when not needed at all.
2. Go to data usage on your device and restrict background data.
3. People have formed the habit of sending large and annoyingly useless files on WhatsApp. Ensure to turn off media auto-download on your WhatsApp. To do this, Go to settings, select data usage, and under media auto-download (when using mobile data), select no media.
4. Go to your google play store and under settings, auto-update apps, select auto-update apps over wifi only.
5. Avoid streaming videos unnecessarily on youtube and Facebook. Turn off video auto play under settings on both Facebook and YouTube.
6. If you must tether the internet connection on your npower device to your laptop, ensure that you set the connection as a metered connection and password protect the wifi network.
7. Always use browsers that conserve data like opera mini and UC web browser for simple web browsing.
If you follow the steps above, you will notice a significant improvement in your data validity period.
THE NPOWER MTN SIM CARD IS POST PAID NOT PRE-PAID
We have received numerous requests from Npower beneficiaries seeking to know if the N-power Mtn sim card is post-paid or pre-paid sim.
The answer to your question is that the npower MTN sim card is a post paid sim card not prepaid. This fact leads to two other facts. How to recharge your npower MTN sim card and how to check balance on your npower MTN sim card.
Note that this is different from how to recharge or check the balance on your regular MTN sim cards.
To recharge your Npower MTN sim card, simply dial *557*RECHARGE PIN#
To check the balance on your Npower MTN sim card, simply dial *558#
MANUAL INTERNET SETTINGS FOR NPOWER MTN SIM CARD
The manual internet settings for the npower Mtn sim card are the same as that of the prepaid sim card. Simply use the following settings:
Access Point Name: MTN NG (This is not critical)
Access point: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
CUSTOMER CARE FOR NPOWER MTN SIM CARD
If at any point in time you need help with your npower Mtn sim card related issues. You should contact MTN Nigeria directly using the normal customer care number 180.