The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP)
In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency in domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Government’s strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
This development initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement of seven (7) crops which are Rice, Wheat, Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Cowpea and Groundnut. It integrates climate change resilience adaptation measures and has a private sector orientation in the provision of extension services.
IFAD-CASP builds on Community Development Association (CDA) model as the primary entry point for implementation. The programme started in July, 2016, with completion date scheduled for 31st March, 2021 and financial closing date for 30th September, 2021.
IFAD-CASP is being implemented in Katsina, Kebbi, Jigawa and Zamfara through four main components, namely: Productivity Enhancement and Climate Resilience; Enterprise Development for Women and Youth; Institutional Development; and Programme Coordination and Management.
The main driver of vulnerability in the northern States is soil erosion, therefore activities that seek to rehabilitate the vegetation cover and conserve soil and water resources are given priority in the States. Communities are encouraged to implement Sustainable Land Management activities such as Soil and Water Conservation with the provision of farm water harvesting structures; rehabilitation of degraded landscapes and range lands; Livestock Watering Points; establishment of woodlots, Great Green Wall reforestation activities and rehabilitation of rural farm-to-market access roads.
Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates that are interested to participate in the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP).
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) will be responsible for overseeing activities under the Project Management component of the Project which pertain to tracking and evaluating implementation performance.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in Katsina, but will involve frequent travel to participating States
- The MEO will report directly to the MEC.
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the M&E Coordinator and all those involved in programme M&E, particularly primary stakeholder groups
- Revising the Program objective hierarchy and log frame matrix (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts);
- Determining information needs of project management, implementing partners and primary stakeholders, the cooperating institution and funding agencies;
- Identifying and designing performance questions, key indicators and targets for each programme component and for each level of the objective hierarchy;
- Agreeing how to record, report and analyze progress against the AWPB and designing the format of such progress reports;
- Reviewing existing social and economic data for the project area to assess if it can provide good baseline data for impact evaluation, identifying gaps to be filled;
- Assist in drawing up the TOR, designing and costing out a baseline survey and a needs assessment survey (as appropriate);
- Assist in designing the formats and procedures for operational monitoring;
- Assist in identifying the need and drawing up the TOR for specific evaluation studies,
- Assist reviewing existing M&E and management information systems of implementing partners and identifying where support is needed;
- Assist in collecting, compiling and analyzing reports prepared by implementing partners and preparing consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the project steering committee, appropriate ministries, cooperating institution and FAD, in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Reviewing monitoring reports to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation;
- Collaborating with implementing partners and primary stakeholders to develop feasible and effective discussion events where M&E data are analyzed and corrective actions can be agreed upon;
- Guiding and supervising organizations that are sub-contracted to implement special surveys or studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts;
- Assist in training on M&E and facilitating M&E design and implementation processes with implementing partners and primary stakeholders;
- Undertaking and facilitating others to implement the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- First or higher Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics or other relevant Degree;
- Minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation, especially, of externally assisted projects;
- Good communication and writing skills; and
- Competence in the use of standard computer software applications for statistical analysis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Project Staff Under FGN/IFAD-CASP Project”. Each envelope should include a CV and an Application Letter with a Cover Letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
Projects Coordinating Unit,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
Application Closing Date
12pm, 15th August, 2019.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.