Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) is a specialized Institution of ECOWAS created in January 2008 by the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS with the mandate of regulating cross-border electricity exchanges, establishing an enabling investment environment for regional power projects and providing technical support to national regulators of the electricity sector of ECOWAS Member States.
ERERA has developed a five-year program of activities based on its strategic plan for which it has obtained the support of several financial partners, particurlarly the European Union (EU) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID). One of the main components of the technical assistance programs with these two partners is the recruitment of additional staff to strengthen ERERA’s operational capacity. To this end, and in order to support its pool of experts responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of regulation, ERERA is recruiting qualified and able persons having the capacity to work in teams on complex assignments, conduct studies and prepare technical reports.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African states (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant positions at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra, Ghana.
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR LAWYER EXPERT
ANNUAL SALARY: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
DURATION: Two (02) years
Under the supervision of the Senior Legal Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of legal and licensing matters relating, among others, to the:
- Analysis of existing cross-border power exchange contracts or those in preparation and their implementation.
- Review and drafting of standards cross-border power exchange contracts.
- Review and drafting of regional electricity market rules and the procedures as well as their enforcement.
- Advise on dispute resolution and enforcement proceedings relating to the regional electricity market regulation
- Monitoring the execution of ERERA’s administrative and legal assignments
- Analyse and provide legal opinions on any legal matter to ERERA.
- Review and drafting legal texts and agreements of ERERA.
- Advise on court proceedings by or against ERERA
- Manage record keeping system for legal documents and safeguard all legal and confidential documents of ERERA
- Processing of licences and permits
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Also Read: Junior Economist Expert at Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Qualifications / Experiences/Skills
- A minimum of a law degree in Common law.
- Five (5) years professional legal experience with a minimum of three (3) years in the regulation of the power sector.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years with a minimum of two (2) years in power sector.
- Relevant knowledge acquired within an international organisation would be an advantage.
- Must possess good analytical skills, ability to use initiative and work as part of a team, ability to communicate complex legal advice and have good drafting and report writing skills.
- Ability to present sensitive issues/positions and prepare reports at short notice
- Ability to work independently with high degree of responsibility, and with minimal supervision
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
- Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
- Should be computer literacy and have good inter-personal relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) Job Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.