Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) is a specialized Institution of ECOWAS created in January 2008 by the Authority of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS with the mandate of regulating cross-border electricity exchanges, establishing an enabling investment environment for regional power projects and providing technical support to national regulators of the electricity sector of ECOWAS Member States.
ERERA has developed a five-year program of activities based on its strategic plan for which it has obtained the support of several financial partners, particurlarly the European Union (EU) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID). One of the main components of the technical assistance programs with these two partners is the recruitment of additional staff to strengthen ERERA’s operational capacity. To this end, and in order to support its pool of experts responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of regulation, ERERA is recruiting qualified and able persons having the capacity to work in teams on complex assignments, conduct studies and prepare technical reports.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African states (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant positions at the Headquarters of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra, Ghana.
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR ECONOMIST EXPERT
ANNUAL SALARY: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
DURATION: Two (02) years
Under the supervision of the Senior Economist Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of economics and tariffs matters relating, among others, to:
- Formulate, propose, review and apply the regional tariff methodology and pricing model for the regional electricity market.
- Planning and support to the Senior Economist in the definition of the regional energy policy and harmonization of national policies on Electricity Regulation.
- Technical, economic and financial data collection and analysis to ensure accuracy and consistency and to develop and maintain up-to-date statistical data bases covering ERERA activities.
- Supervise and ensure effective dissemination of statistics and offer guidance on their analysis and interpretation.
- Follow-up and analysis of the financial standing of operators, valuation and follow-up of the assets and the separation of accounting for the activities of operators.
- Participate in Benchmarking and economic forecasting.
- Participate in Benchmarking of economic and financial performances of the operators at the regional level with periodic update.
- Proposals for Improvement of the regulatory tools in the Member States (support for the development of economic regulatory models and methodology, and support in mediations activities).
- Assist in negotiations of cooperation agreements with authorities in charge of competition.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications/ Experiences/ Skill
- A minimum of a degree in Economics, Finance, or any related field.
- Five (05) years professional experience with a minimum of three (3) years in energy sector and two (2) years in economic regulation.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required minimum professional experience to three (3) years with a minimum of two (2) years in energy sector and in economic regulation of utilities.
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage
- Ability to present sensitive issues/positions and prepare reports at short notice
- Ability to work independently with high degree of responsibility, and with minimal supervision
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
- Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
- Should be computer literacy and have good inter-personal relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
Must be fluent in one of the three official languages of ECOWAS Commission (English, French and Portuguese). A working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: [email protected]
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) Job Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.