We are pleased to inform the general public and all interested applicants that the INEC Voters Card Online Registration Portal is now accessible for quick and easy registration ahead of the 2023 general elections.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has launched an online portal for Nigerians to register as voters. Eligible Nigerians are expected to log into the portal and provide relevant details before moving on to complete the registration at designated physical centres.
According to INEC, the Voters Card Online Registration Portal is a public service and therefore free of charge. All that is needed is a mobile device that can connect to the internet.
This portal will be accessible to the public on Monday, June 28, when the online registration is scheduled to commence.
Intending registrants can visit any INEC state or LGA office to complete the process starting from Monday, July 19, the same day the physical registration is scheduled to start.
Who Can Register?
Listed below are the categories of people who are eligible to apply for the INEC voters card online.
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.
RECOMMENDED: FG Approves State Codes for Rapid Response Register (RRR) for Individuals to get Paid N5000 Monthly
Registration Procedures For INEC Voters Card
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC).
Meanwhile, those who are already registered as voters can also carry out all the other activities such as transfers, correction of personal details and replacement of damaged or defaced PVCs online.
The purpose of this online registration is to prevent overcrowding at the registration centres because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The online registration will make the registration processes generally easier, thereby giving Nigerians a pleasant electoral experience.
SEE ALSO: NEDIS Covid-19 Special Fund 2021 Application Portal & How to Apply Online
If you need us to help you with more updated information about INEC Voters Card Online Registration Portal, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.
Maxwell Nkemjika Okpechukwu
Good afternoon sir,I want to know about those who have completed all registration but have not collected their PVC in the past.Befor the last general election,we were asked to get our PVC from nearby Inec center,or where we registered,but we were not given until the date elapsed.so can I also register again?
On which category do I fall into?
Maxwell Nkemjika Okpechukwu
Gdaftanoon sir,on which category does one who have registered but have not collected before the last election fall?
Rahamat Sulaiman Naibi
Now lam 18years only and lam a Nigerian and lam like to see l have my card