The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Individual Consultant (Project Coordinator), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC)
Reference No.: ECW/IC/ADM-AGRIC-1/25.02/kik
Location: Bamako, Mali
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in cooperation with the European Union (EU) intends to apply a portion of a budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant (Project Coordinator), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC), Bamako.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year subject to a probationary period of three (3) months.
- The contract could be renewed for the duration of the project based on performance and availability of funds.Duties and responsibilities of the consultants:
- To accomplish the implementation of Component 4 of the PREDIP program on the Prevention and Control of TADs (COMATAO), the project Coordinator will ensure the implementation of the COMATAO activities at the Regional Animal Health Center (RAHC), to achieve the key results of the PREDIP program. He/she will be under the supervision of the RAHC Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordination the formulation of detailed COMATAO project annual work plan and ensure implementation;
- Close collaboration with the PREDIP Project Management Unit to align the implementation of the COMATAO;
- Supervision the implementation of the COMATAO while overseeing the stages of its implementation and achievements of its objective;
- Maintenance and monitoring of project plans and project schedules to ensure adherence to project framework and appropriate documentation;
- Assessment of project risks and mitigation methods, and promote the achievement of quality results and the timely submission of project technical reports, and the presentation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual technical reports;
- Assessment of the COMATAO project based on costs and timeliness, and in line with the key result areas of PREDIP, and put at the disposal of the supervisors and other stakeholders;
- Coordination of the develop of project activity plans, preparation of project budget and expense in accordance with approved budgets, and prepare interim and final activity reports.
- Strengthening collaboration with project partners, and ensure relevant documentation;
- Undertake any other official responsibilities as delegated.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
- Shall be a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree and an advanced degree in Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Epidemiology or Animal Health Economics and Planning from a recognized academic institution.
- Possess a certificate in Project Management and Planning will be desirable.
- Shall justify at least seven (7) working years’ experience in animal disease prevention and control for international Organizations, Government or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed at least two (2) similar assignments (large nationals projects) organized and successfully executed in ECOWAS Member States with International Organizations or Donors funded Projects;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed as Project Coordinator at least one (1) similar assignment in implementing European Union (EU) project/program;
- Strong IT (Word, Excel, Power Point etc) / Computerized Project Management Systems (MS Project)or any other relevant Accounting Software.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent(reading, writing, speaking) in one (1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant(Project Coordinator), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC), Bamako” to the ECOWAS Tender Box at the address below:
Directorate of General, Administration, Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M.B. 401 – Abuja.
Application Closing Date
11:00am (GMT+1); 26th March, 2020.
- The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS Website https://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement/