Here are the important registration requirements all NYSC Batch “A” must know. The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC has fixed March 26, for the commencement of the registration of Batch ‘A’ corps members.
The agency has also announced that the NYSC Online registration portal will be opened from June 26 to July 28 to enable them to register for the 2022 Batch ‘A’ mobilization.
Important Registration Requirements All NYSC 2022 Batch “A” Must Know
However, if you are signing in for the Batch A orientation program and you don’t know how to go about it, here is the step by step registration guide for all Prospective Corps Members.
1. Go to NYC website
Log on to the NYSC Website. You can use any of these three addresses listed below;
2. Your e-mail must be functional
All Prospective Corps Members, PCM must have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register
3. Use the correct Matriculation number (Mat. No) to register
PCMs who graduated from Nigerian higher institutions are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
4. Only PCMs whose names are approved by the Senate can register
play Corps members on parade ground (News Agency of Nigeria)
For the locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
5. Those who study abroad must have graduated from accredited schools
Foreign-trained PCM should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach the Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
6. Foreign-trained graduates must upload some documents on NYSC portal
Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or PhD not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
7. Graduates who study in non-English speaking countries must get documents translated
It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
8. Medical Science graduates must have Certificates of Registration with professional bodies
All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Foreign trained graduates should not visit Abuja for document verification
Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
10. N[b]o fake document should be presented[/b]
Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
11. Passport Photographs
Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
i. Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
ii. Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized
iii. Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow
12. Proxy Registration is not allowed
On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometrics at the orientation camp will not be registered.
13. You’ll pay N3,000 if you want your call up number sent to you
Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters online are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
14. Don’t pay anybody if you’re collecting your call-up number from your school
PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
15. If you have paid before, don’t pay again
All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
16. Upload your marriage certificate if you’re married
Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
17. Orientation camp will not accommodate pregnant PCMs
The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated. They go back home after registration.
18. Part-time graduates should register online to collect a Letter of Exclusion
All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for the collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about NYSC 2022 Batch A Important Registration Requirements, kindly provide us with your phone number or email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.