Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Req ID: 21368317
Time Type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Operations – Transaction Services
Job Family: Cash Management
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- The Teller is an entry-level role responsible for processing varied cash & trade operation tasks in coordination with the Transaction Services team.
- The overall objective is to perform multiple processing activities of limited complexity in a fast-paced environment while focusing on quality, details and accuracy.
- Apply detailed processing knowledge to deliver efficient customer service that meets quality standards
- Perform limited complexity transaction duties / Cash & Trade Operation tasks under general supervision
- Complete processing activities related to compliance and control
- Assist new team members with procedural tasks
- Contact internal and external customers on a frequent basis
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed.
- Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Education / Experience:
- B.Sc – First Degree.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Pass basic induction and operations training.
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information every day which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
2. SSA FI Sales Head
Job Req ID: 21378050
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family Group: Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family: Business Management
- Cluster Head will have end-to-end responsibility for the development and strategic growth of a key global business within TTS that will deliver integrated solutions to the Financial Institutions segment.
- Scope includes traditional correspondent banking services (Cash & Trade) to banks, cash management and trade products for other segments.
- Manage the correspondent banking model in partnership with regional FIG, common score-cards, account plans, etc.
- Execute global FI-TTS strategy in the cluster, specifically focused on MWBs
- Deliver revenue, market share goals; manage critical business drivers
- Develop and implement marketing plans by country/product to improve market share and client penetration
- Drive the sales process – identify new revenue opportunities, originate deals, manage to grow base revenues, minimize attrition
- Work with global and regional product partners to ensure product offering is competitive in service, function & price
- Align annual financial plan with product partners (tied to key drivers and existing and potential customers)
- Closely monitor client portfolio risk (AML and trade credit), with an appropriate and timely escalation of issues
- Expected outcomes after 12 months
- Cluster revenues to meet financial plans – supporting sustained YOY growth and top tier positioning in each market
- Common scorecards established with FIG Bankers
- Marketing plans established and executed to improve share by customer, country and by-product
- Quality plans established and executed to drive to #1 positioning in external surveys.
- Graduate Degree, MBA preferred, high level of personal integrity, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- 10+ years related experience including correspondent banking, cash management & trade products and platforms; credit experience preferred, but not essential
- Ability to work closely and build trust with senior management
- Outstanding people leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence.
- Superior interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment.
- Articulate written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work across multiple facets of the TTS and FIG organization
- Ability to establish and maintain senior client relationships
- Ability to maintain momentum and minimize client attrition
- Ability to manage diverse risk (compliance and credit) elements in a portfolio.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.