Here is the application guide on how to apply for Canada Study Permit. If you are dreaming of studying in Canada then don’t miss this opportunity. The Canada Study Permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to Study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) in Canada.
This permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay. Free Canada Visa & Work Permit
Important Things to Know Before You Begin Your Canada Study Permit
An applicant for a Canadian study permit may include his or her family members on the application, so that they may accompany the applicant to Canada. An accompanying spouse may be able to obtain an open work permit, enabling them to work for any Canadian employer, and minor children may be able to study at Canadian elementary and secondary schools.
Most international students require a study permit. Note, you do not need a study permit if your program in Canada is for six months or less. In addition, minor children and other individuals may be exempt from requiring a Canadian study permit. To learn more about studying in Canada without a study permit, click here
How to Obtain a Study Permit
To be eligible to submit an application for a Canadian study permit, a prospective student must:
- Obtain a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution in order to submit an application for a study permit
- Prove that he or she has sufficient financial support to cover the first year of tuition, as well as living expenses and return transportation to his or her home country
- Obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (Quebec Acceptance Certificate, or CAQ) if he or she wishes to study in Montreal or elsewhere in the Province of Quebec
- Have clean record. Applicants with a criminal background, or who pose a risk to Canadian security, may be refused. IRCC may request an applicant to supply a police clearance certificate
- Be in good health. IRCC may request an applicant to complete a medical examination; and,
- Satisfy the immigration officer that he or she will leave Canada at the end of the stay authorized by the study permit
The applicant may also be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Passport for the applicant and every family member included on the application;
- Two passport photos for the applicant and each family member included on the application, with the full name and date of birth written on the back;
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, if applicable; and,
- Any further documents required by specific visa offices.
If an application is approved, the prospective student will receive:
- A Letter of Introduction (LOI) confirming the approval. This letter is not the study permit. The prospective student will need to present the Letter of Introduction to the immigration official when arriving in Canada. The immigration official may then issue the study permit to the student.
- An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if he or she is from a country whose citizens need an eTA. In such cases, the eTA is indicated on the Letter of Introduction.As the eTA is linked to the applicant’s passport, the applicant must travel with the passport used in the study permit application.
- A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), if he or she is from a country whose citizens need a TRV.The TRV will be in the passport. The holder must enter Canada before the expiry date on the TRV.
The TRV will also indicate if the holder can enter Canada only once (a single-entry visa) or multiple times (a multiple-entry visa). All applicants are automatically considered for multiple-entry TRVs.
An individual submitting an application for a study permit does not have to submit a separate application for a TRV. If the application is approved, the TRV will be issued along with the Letter of Introduction.
Interested applicants should Visit the Official Website for Further Details
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Fully Funded Scholarships for Students in Europe, Middle East and Africa, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.