Have you heard about the word BRACED UNION? Or you want to know what BRACED Social-Cultural Rebirth Initiatives is all about? If yes, this article is for you.
BRACED UNION is a Social-Cultural Rebirth Initiatives that is made up of six (6) States in Nigeria.
The word BRACED Means:
- B – Bayelsa
- R – Rivers
- A – Akwa Ibom
- C – Cross Rivers
- E – Edo
- D – Delta.
There are three main goals that governs BRACED UNION, which are:
- To unite the good people of South-South so that they can start speaking with one VOICE.
- To emancipate the inhabitants of Braced Region from poverty and unemployment.
- To use the innate resources already within us to develop and build Braced Region.
In doing this, we are going to adopt MENTAL REVOLUTION.
Braced Union North America Chapter is in its formative stage.
The History of BRACED UNION
THE GENESIS OF BRACED UNION:
On the 23rd April 2020, a link was shared on Akalaka Ochichi Union Whatsapp Platform titled Denial of Igbo Identity The Ikwerre Were Right, By one Nwankwo Tony Nwaezeigwe, Ph.D, DD, Odogwu of Ibusa Clan, Delta State, Nigeria.
This article reminds High Chief Monday Wehere JP two ugly experiences he had in a national programme at Abuja in 2014:
First experience has to do with when the delegation from the North almost lynched the South-South delegation for saying that the Oil in the South-South belonged to them during the discussion.
Second experience has to do with a clandestine script designed by our neighbours to secretly annex Ikwerre land, capture Port Harcourt City and then leverage on that to swallow other Ethnic Groups within the South-South for continued enslavement.
Thus, High Chief Monday Wehere JP stirred up discussions on the article under reference.
Deliberations on this article compelled the formation of a Group to counter the propaganda, (see article how Braced Union came about by HC Monday Wehere JP dated 28th April, 2020.
NAME OF THE GROUP:
After much debates, the House through a unanimous decision resolved that the name of the Group shall be called, addressed and known as BRACED UNION on the 28th April, 2020.
The name BRACED UNION came about through the resolution No 3 by the following foundation members on the 28th April, 2020:
- Dr. Confidence Akani – Rivers
- Emmanuel Dickson – Akwa Ibom
- Dr. Paul Whorwhor – Rivers
- Jackson Melvin – Rivers
- Igwe O. Wofuru – Rivers
- Lincoln Ojea – Delta
- Philip Enajedu – Delta
- Kelvin Chinda – Rivers
- Charles Ganaye – Bayelsa
- Prof. S. C. Achinewhu – Rivers
- Arch. Tom. Inko Tariah – Rivers
- Owhornogwu Tasie – Rivers
- Florence Kalagbor – Rivers
- Elder Johnson F. Owajima – Rivers
- Ihunwo Brantley – Rivers
- Prof. Eric Amadi – Rivers.
- Elder S.Omodu – Rivers
- Mrs. B. Awala – Rivers
- Comrade Patrick Ochei – Delta
- Innocent Chukwu Romeo – Rivers
- Prof. OVC Okene – Rivers
- Mr. Benson Finebone – Rivers
- HC Monday Wehere JP – Rivers
- Pascal Okene – Rivers
- Archbishop Ikechi Ikezim – Rivers
- Godwin Warisi – Rivers
- Ubong Alfred – Akwa Ibom
- Kenneth Elewa – Rivers.
Through a resolution No 4 (29th April 2020) the Union approved 8:00pm every day to conduct the business of the House. Any matter/s discussed after the Union has taken its decision is null and void.
Members are therefore advised to come on line daily by 8:00pm to participate in the discussions for now at BRACED UNION WhatsApp Platform.
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING:
Through a resolution No 5 (30th April, 2020) Agenda for daily discussion must be posted on the platform on or before the meeting period of 8:00pm for members to study by the Group Admin.
Members are allowed to send notes to the Group Admin for inclusion into the Agenda. The Group Admin too has the powers to accept or reject such notes into the Agenda.
APPOINTMENT OF STATE COORDINTORS:
Through a resolution No 6 (1st May 2020) the foundation members approved the request by the Group Admin HC Monday Wehere JP to appoint the following State Coordinators:
- Akwa Ibom – Emmanuel Effiong;
- Bayelsa – Dr. Tarilate Victor
- Cross Rivers – Eniefok Inyang
- Delta – Patrick Ochei
- Edo – Francis Akhigbe
- Rivers – Arch Tom Inko Tariah.
BRACED UNION MAP
Through a resolution No 7 (4th May 2020) The Map of Braced Union extracted from the Nigerian Map neatly by the Committee on Map Drawing was approved by the House.
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE ON MAP:
- Chief Emmanuel Odungweru – 08033412385, Rivers Chairman
- Charles Ganaye – 08051554435, Bayelsa Secretary
- Elder Tony Osawaru – 08077909793, Edo State Member.
APPOINTMENT OF WOMEN LEADERS:
Through a resolution No 8 (4th May 2020), the following people were appointed as Women Leaders upon a proposal submitted to the Union by Group Admin, HC Monday Wehere:
- Akwa Ibom – Mrs Udeme Borniface
- Bayelsa – Mrs Janet Twonmute
- Cross Rivers – Hon. Linda Etako
- Delta – Comrade Felida Essi
- Edo – Hon. Esther Eghaghe
- Rivers – Hon. Amb. Mrs. Ozioma Amadi.
With a resolution No 9 (4th May 2020), the Union agreed that OUR HERITAGE, OUR PRIDE should be our Motto. MOTTO/SLOGAN
- Philip Enajedu 08039366504, Delta Chairman
- Kelvin Chinda 08105407604, Rivers Secretary
- Emmanuel Dickson 07034497052, Akwa Ibom, Member.
With a resolution No 10 (4th May 2020), the Union settled for TOGETHER WE WIN as our Slogan.
With Resolution No 11, 10th May 2020, the Union approved three days for meeting: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, at the same time 8:00pm.
Venue: Braced Union WhatsApp Union Platform.
INTERIM NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 12, 11th May 2020, the Union approved the following as Interim National Executive for Braced Union:
NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
1. High Chief Esotericist Monday Wehere JP – National President Rivers State
2. Patricia Gbemudu – Deputy President General Delta State
3. Elder Emmanuel Effiong – National Secretary Akwa Ibom State
4. Arch Tom Inko Tariah – Deputy National Secretary Rivers State
5 Comrade Patrick Ochei – Director of Media Print Delta State
6. Janet Twonmute – Director of Media Electronics
7. Eliot Akhegbe – Director of External Affairs Edo State.
8. Amatari Mozimo – Director of Organizing Bayelsa State
9. Mr. John Otu – Director of Contact & Mobilization
Cross Rivers State
Hon. Esther Eghaghe
Director of Finance
Hon. Linda Etako
Director of Treasury
Cross Rivers State
Me Effiong Okon
Director of Culture
Cross Rivers State
John Oke Christopher
Director of Education
Elder Tony Osawaru
Director of Natural Resources
Barrister Cyprian Afananam
Director of Legal Services
Akwa Ibom State
Hope Ibibia Ijoma
Director of Women Affairs
Director of Youths Affairs
Director of Civics
Akwa Ibom State.
RESOLUTION NO 13:
With Resolution No 13, the Union settled for PROGRESSIVE TRANSFORMATION OF BRACED REGION THROUGH SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT as her Mission Statement. MISSION STATEMENT COMMITTEE:
Ubon Alfred, Akwa Ibom State (CHAIRMAN) 08068353548
Nsibiet John, Akwa Ibom, Member 07030721441
Dr. Henry Ibhafidon, Esan West, Member , 07038913727 (SECRETARY)
Churchill Oyowe, Warri North Member 08062269772
Amb. Silas Ekezie, Obio/Akpor LGA, Rivers State Secretary, 08033425308
Amatari Mozimo, Ekeremor LGA, Bayelsa Member 0806601713
Dr. Kebe Obeten, Yakuri LGA, 08035505856, Cross Rivers State
RESOLUTION NO 14:
With Resolution No 14, the Union approved the following Meeting Schedules:
National Meeting: Every Sundays at Telegram National Platform.
Akwa Ibom State: Every Mondays by 8pm at whatsapp Platform.
Bayelsa State: Every Tuesdays by 8pm at Whatsapp Platform.
Cross Rivers State: Every Wednesdays by 8pm at Whatsapp Platform
Edo State: Every Thursdays by 8pm at Whatsapp Platform
Delta State: Every Fridays by 8pm at Whatsapp Platform
Rivers State: Every Saturdays by 8pm at Whatsapp Platform.
RESOLUTION NO 15:
BRACED UNION ANTHEM:
With resolution No 15, the Union approved this as her Anthem:
BRACED UNION ANTHEM
We are the land of glory,
true liberty we see.
We sing songs of victory,
standing tall with our banners of greatness.
BRACED Region, our glorious land of hopes
Your endless beauties of ceaseless flow we boast
Beauties in diversities, with cultures of bravery,
strength and dignity.
Your freedom we hold dear to heart, for the glories that must come.
Blessed by God, our creator.
BU ANTHEM COMMITTEE: Barrister Florence Aviogbo Chairman, Edo State; Esotericist Hd. Philip Uwhumiakpo Delta State ; Gabriel Tomoni Rivers State Secretary; Churchill Oyowe Bayelsa State;
RESOLUTION NO 16:
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF BRACED UNION:
With a Resolution No 16, the Union adopted this as her Aims and Objectives
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF BRACED UNION:
(a) To work for the unity of our people;
(b) To fight for the economic empowerment of our people using cooperative societies initiative;
(c) To promote and encourage social and cultural re-engineering of our people located in the South-South of Nigeria;
(d) To work towards transforming and revolutionizing the mind set of our people particularly the youths in the South-South;
(e) To promote and encourage mass literacy among our people;
(f) To liaise and cooperate with groups, organizations and bodies having similar objectives;
(g) To relate, liaise and cooperate with groups both within and outside our environment having similar objectives;
(h) To relate & collaborate with financial institutions; reach out to organizations to get loans and grants available;
(i) To be in touch with the government and any govt and be involved in the loan schemes to be activated for any organization that want to access it.
(j) To periodically organize, skill acquisition program for youths and women for self reliance, through cooperate bodies doing business in our environment in the South-South;
(K) To encourage political aspiration by members for effective governance and delivering of its democratic dividends;
(l) To encourage and rebuild the traditional stools of our people through orientations, seminars and courtesy visits.
(m) Education is the birth rock of every society, and shall be deeply involved in providing quality education for our people,
(n) To promote unity and love between our people spread across all nooks and crannies in the South-South of Nigeria and all over the world;
(o) To promote and support Government policies and programmes on peace and Good Governance;
(p) To bring grassroots development nearer to our people;
(q) To raise fund to enable us BA accomplish her aims and objectives;
(r) To support any government in power in enlightening our youths of the dangers of violence, kidnappings, thugrey, cultism and other vises.
(s) To identify with groups, associations, parastatal and government agencies that promotes, support unity, love, peace, good governance and security;
(t) To collaborate & work with our people in diaspora;
(u) To be constantly informed of Investment opportunities; & inspire our people in Diasporas to come home and invest capitally, to both create wealth & reduce unemployment at home;
AS PRESENTED BY THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES REVIEW COMMITTEE:
1. Hon. Solomon Abel Eke (JP) Chairman Rivers State; 2. Apostle Comrade Elliot Aikhegbe Edo State; Secretary; Mr. ETA Inona Cross Rivers State; Mrs Patricia Gbemudu Delta State; Mr. Fakari Izibekienkume Bayelsa State and Mr. Kokoette Ekpo Akwa Ibom State.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES COMMITTEES: Etta Imona, Calabar Municipality, 08036813126, Cross Rivers State (SECRETARY) ; Idi Presley, Ndokwa East LGA, 08058906229, Delta State; Ikpong Essien-Udom, 08023009244, Akwa Ibom State; Mrs. Irene Kaladara Jumbo, Bonny LGA, 07036140107, Rivers State; Blessing O. Agadaga, Ogbia LGA,08060218049, Bayelsa State; Eliot Akhegbe, 08144256913, Edo State (CHAIRMAN); Hon. Comrade Jerry Horsfall, ASALGA, 08065215282, Rivers State.
RESOLUTION NO 17:
AVAILABILITY OF ARABLE LAND IN BRACED UNION.
MEMBERS OF COMMITTEE:
Chief Sir Goodluck Nwobike PhD–Chairman-08055465766; Pamela John Okhawere– 08085567268- Member; Charles Ibiari Jenewari–07035469868-Member; Dr. Enomhen SOS–Secretary08033163513; Alice Etim–08164350429-Member; Ofonime Isong–08027212037-Member; Comr. Onyeche W. Igwe–07031061646-Member.
TERMS OF REFERENCE.
– To determine the availability of Arable land in Braced Union and the Inherent Potentials.
Arable land is any land capable of being ploughed, used to grow crops and pasture. Braced Union has Arable land that is fallow, rich and capable of great harvest and big financial turnovers.
Tamuno & Edoumekumo (2012) opined that before the discovery of oil, the black gold, Braced Union has always played prominent roles in the fiscal history of Nigeria through agriculture, fishing and manufacturing.
Wikipedia (2019) reports that Braced Union covers 13,000km² making up 7.5% of total land mass.
With oil exploration, 40% of land lost was due to oil exploration, spillage on crops and herders farmers clashes due to destruction of crops. Herders ruthless invasion of farms, killings and raping of women and arrogant use and displays of AK-49 is another terrible tool of insecurity and threat to Braced Union arable land.
Nevertheless, Arable land is largely available in Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo and Delta though waters are too pronounced in few states.
Massive involvements in Agriculture will be highly beneficial in Braced Union through the use of Arable land.
The inherent potentials can be found in the growing of the following crops:- Oil Palm, Rubber, Cassava,Cocoa,Yams Banana,Avocados, Cashew, Rice, Groundnuts etc.
Subsistence and mechanized farming is practicable with attendant benefits if properly harnessed, agriculture can take care of 21% of Braced Union income.
The people in Braced Union are focused, determined, discipline and are ready to make sacrifice to get better results.
In conclusion, Arable land and its inherent potentials are available, agriculture practicable and income generation assured if artificial and man-made dangers are extricated.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY GIVEN US TO SERVE.
RESOLUTION NO 18:
SALUTATIONS AND GREETING MODE:
With Resolution No 18, the Union approved this as her Salutation and Greeting Modes:
(Response) Our Heritage, Our Pride
(Response) Together We Win
TOGETHER We Win:
(Response) For Sustainable Development.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: Dr. Mrs. Reginald Azuwena Rivers State Chairman; Mrs. Udeme Boniface, Akwa Ibom State- Secretary; Mrs. Blessing A. Oti Delta State; Hon. Lilian Okon Cross Rivers State; Evelyn Aboda Bayelsa State; Faith Obanye Edo State; Dr. Confidence Akani Rivers State.
RESOLUTION NO 19:
APPOINTMENT OF STATE SECRETARIES;
With Resolution No 19, the following people were appointed as State Secretaries of Braced Union on Sunday 7th June 2020:
AKWA IBOM STATE:
Barrister Godwin Idobo
Hon. Jackson Suokiri (Secretary/Acting Coordinator)
CROSS RIVERS STATE:
Ijom Ukam Esq
Pastor Violet Omere
Comrade Emmanuel Ekebe
O. C. Higher King Esq.
RESOLUTION NO 20:
CONFIRMATION OF JACKSON SUOKIRI AS BALEYSA STATE CHAIRMAN:
With Resolution No 20 Hon. Jackson Suokiri Esq, was appointed as substantive Chairman of Brace Union Bayelsa State Sunday 7th June 2020.
RESOLUTION NO 21
REPORT OF COMMITTEE ON POPULATION OF BRACED UNION INHABITANTS
With Resolution No 21, the Union adopted the Reported of the Committee on Population on Sunday 27th June 2020:
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
The following members were nominated and approved by the BRACED UNION National Assembly
1. Warisenibo Benson Patrick Finebone, Chairman
2. Gbaraage Edward, Secretary
3. Blessing A. Oti, Member
4. Enefaka Williams, Member
5. Elvis Edobor, Member
6. Lilian Okon, Member Phone: 08063607691
7. Dr Moses Umoren: Member
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The members of the committee were charged with the responsibility of extracting the population of BRACED UNION INHABITANTS from the last census conducted 2006
POPULATION OF BRACED UNION INHABITANTS BY STATES
CROSS RIVERS 2,892,988
Sources: NBS, NPC Preliminary 2006 census state by state.
RESOLUTION NO 22
AVAILABULITY OF NATURAL RESORUCES IN BRACED REGION:
With Resolution No 22, the House adopted the report on Committee on Available Resources on Sunday 7th June 2020.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The main terms of reference was to determine the natural resources available in Braced Union and their economic value. All the resources, listed for each state, have very high economic value which, if properly harnessed, could turn our zone into the industrial hub.
Salt, Crude oil, natural gas, silica, sand and agro raw materials. RIVERS:
Crude oil, natural gas, sand, silica, glass sand and clay.
AKWA IBOM: Crude oil, salt, clay, lignite, granite, glass sand, kaolin, sand, coal, limestone and raffia palm.
CROSS RIVER: Natural gas, ilmenite, tourmaline, crude oil, gypsum, pyrite, serpentine, garnet, basalt, kaolin, coal, salt, limestone, galena, manganese, mica, gold, quartz, tourmaline, tin ore, galena, spring water, salt deposits, goethite, sharp sand, barite, uranium, muscovite, lead, zinc and talc.
Copper, gold, granite, marble, charnockite, gypsum, crude oil, diorite, lignite, limestone and ceramic clay.
DELTA: Lateritic clay, kaolin, gravel, silica sand, natural gas, crude oil, ball, clay, bauxite, granite, river sand, clay and spring water.
I thank the Union for giving us the opportunity to contribute our quota to the achievement of our objectives. WE ARE:
Akparawa Ikpong Essien-Udom (Chairman) Akwa Ibom; Timi Ovuru , Bayelsa State ; Bro Owhonogwu Tasie (Secretary) Rivers State; Hon. Besta Ozeoya Edo State; Orok-Ita Edem Duke Cross Rivers ; Imo Udoima Delta State; Dr. Paul Wowhor, Rivers State.
RESOLUTION NO 23
LOGO, MAP AND FLAG:
With Resolution No 23, the House approved the final designs of Map, Logo and Flag produced by the following committees: F
FINAL REVIEW COMMITTEE:
Arch Tom.Inko Tariah Chairman Rivers Stat, Elder S. Omodu Secretary Rivers state; Charles Ganaye Bayelsa State; Eniefok Inyang Cross Rivers State and Mummy Beatrice Awala Rivers State.
MAP/LOGO/FLAG COMMITTEE FIRST COMMITTEE:
Chief Emmanuel Odungweru – 08033412385, Rivers Chairman
Charles Ganaye – 08051554435, Bayelsa Secretary
Elder Tony Osawaru – 08077909793, Edo State Member.
Charles Gofie Igomoh, Nembe LGA, Bayelsa State (CHAIRMAN) 08051554435
Comrade Diali George Biokpo, Asari-Toru LGA, Rivers State Member 08033713038
Mrs Ekaete Okon Joseph, Akwa Ibom State, Member 08163302039
Emmanuel Ekene, Isoko South, Delta State, Member 08036155984
Hon. Besta Ozeoya Owan East, Member 07030431360
Mr. Jimmy Ekpe, Odukpani LGA, 08030790562, Cross Rivers State.
Vincent Worgwu, Obio/Akpor LGA, 08025453932 Rivers State (SECRETARY)
Mr. Roland Elekele, Yelga, 07013544445, Bayelsa State.
Hon. Jude Lawrence Nwibie, Khana LGA, Rivers State
Mrs Ekaete Okon Joseph, 08163302039, Akwa Ibom State.
Pat Gbemudu, Oshimili North LGa, 08036155984, Delta State.
Mr. Andrew Okoruwa, Esan Central, 08035735274, Edo State
Emmanuel Olayi, Bekwarra LGA, 07032357407, Cross Rivers State (SECRETARY)
Josef Jenewari, 08039306562, Bayelsa State (CHAIRMAN)
RESOLUTION NO 24
APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY BAYELSA STATE COUNCIL
With Resolution No 24, the Union ratified the appointments of Mrs. Timi Ovuru and Mrs. Blessing A. Oti as Deputy Chairman and Secretary respectively on 14th June 2020.
RESOLUTION NO. 25
APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN AND DEPUTY SECRETARY RIVERS STATE COUNCIL
With Resolution No 25 the Union ratified the appointments of Amb. Nelson Ibibo and Igwe Oyenche Wofuru as Deputy Secretary respectively on 14th June 2020.
RESOLUTION NO. 26
BAYELSA STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 26 ,the Union ratified the composition of Bayelsa State Executive Council as follows:
Jackson Soukiri Esq Chairman; Timi Ovuru Vice Chairman; Blessing A. Oti Secretary; Kennedy Akpalaka Deputy Secretary; Grace Ita Amaegbe Koinyan Director of Publicity; Pamela John Ohakwere Director of Finance; Doris Micah Director of Welfare; Christopher John Director of Organizing; Izebekienkume Fakari Director of Contact and Mobilization; Rtd Brig. Gen. Minemu Abel Director of State Security; Janet Twonmute Director of Women Affairs; Dr. Sir George Ikiomoton Director of Legal Services; Dr. Charles Oyibo Director of Treasury; Odayibo T. Jonathan Director of Youths Affairs; Taripredo Ikidi Director of Civics.
RESOLUTION NO. 27
BAYELSA STATE ELDERS COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 27, the Union ratified the composition of Bayelsa State Elders Council as follows:
Chief Thompson O. Okorotie; Chief Frank Bogomo Youpele; Baralate Slink; Helen Bob; Chief ML Efere; Elizabeth Bien; Chief Godeon Ekeowe; Chief Churchill Williams and Chief Binte Kantee Johnson Isere.
RESOLUTION NO. 28
AREA SIZE OF BRACED REGION:
With Resolution NO 28 the Union adopted the final report of the area size of Braced Region by Chief ML Efere Review Committee.
COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF AREA SIZE REPORT:
Chief ML Efere 08037056816 – Bayelsa State, Chairman, Elder S. Omodu 08063758088 – Rivers State, Secretary
Eliot Akhegbe – 08144256913 – Edo State, Member.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
To verify and confirm the authenticity of the initial report submitted by the Committee on Area Size.
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON AREA SIZE:
Good evening BRACEDANS, on behalf of the Committee on Area Size of the Niger Delta in Nigeria, we hereby present our report to this Great Union:
1. BRACED area size 84,587 km² (32,658 sq mi)
BREAKDOWN BY STATES
1. Bayelsa, 10,773 km², 4,159 sq mi
2. Rivers, 11,077 km², 4, 277 sq mi
3. Akwa Ibom, 7,081 km², 2, 734 sq mi
4. Cross River, 20,156 km², 7,782 sq mi
5. Edo, 17,802 km², 6,873 sq mi
6. Delta, 17,698 km², 6,833 sq mi
At this juncture, we wish to place on record our sincere appreciation to the leadership of BRACED UNION for finding us worthy of this assignment, even as we look forward to more of these opportunities because TOGETHER WE WIN.
Members of the committee are:
1. Chief Hon Williams Echendu Igweh – Chairman
2. Mr. Chris Owibo – Secretary
3. Hon Jude Lawrence
4. Mr. Otoide Osereme
5. Mr. Ekanem Inyang
6. Mr. Kokoette Ekpo
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF AREA SIZE REPORT:
The Chief Igwe committee report is hereby corroborated by the Chief ML Efere Review Committee report without any discrepancies.
The data on the area sizes of the Braced States are emperically evidenced with NPC and NBS records in Google and Wikipedia platforms.
The Area sizes posted were based on km² which covers land and water mass, not population or number of local govts.
This is our report to the House for consideration and adoption.
Thank you for finding us worthy to serve.
RESOLUTION NO. 29
RIVERS STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 29 Rivers State Executive Council was ratified by the Union on Sunday 28th 2020
RIVERS STATE EXECUIVE COUNCILS:
Tom Inko-Tariah Arch.
2. Deputy Chairman
Amb.Elder Nelson Ibibo
Barr O C Higher King
4. Deputy Secretary
Comrade Onyeche Wofurum Igwe
5. Director of Publicity
6. Director for Finance
Elder Solomon Omodu
7. Director for Welfare
Kate Sam Ngbor
8. Director of Organizing
Comrade Uriah Wilfred Sylvester
9. Director of Contact and Mobilization
10 .Director of Legal Services
Barr.Mrs Goma Owhochukwu
11. State Director of Security
Squadron Leader Nonye Emmanuel Ordu-Obuah(Rtd.)
12. Director of Treasury
Hon.Beatrice Olunwo Awala JP
13 .Director of Women Affairs
Hon.Amb.Mrs Goodnews -Ozioma Amadi
14. Director of Youth Affairs
15. Director of Civics
RESOLUTION NO. 30
AKWA IBOM STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 30 Akwa Ibom State Executive Council was ratified by the Union on Sunday 28th 2020
AKWA IBOM STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
(2) Deputy Chairman
Pastor Bassey Isin.
(4) Deputy Sec
Engr. Unwana Udoma
(5) Director of Publicity
(6) Director. of Finance
Mr Daniel Denis
(7) Director of Welfare
(8) Director. of Org.
Pastor Nsikan Henshaw
(9) Director of Contact
(10) Director of Legal Services
Mfon Brown Esq.
(11) State Director of Security
Squadron Leader Effiong Benson.
(12) Director of Treasury
(13) Director of Women Affairs
(14) Director of Youth Affairs
Comrade Cyril Imo Udoekong
(15) Director of Civics
RESOLUTION NO. 31
CROSS RIVERS STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 30 Cross Rivers State Executive Council was ratified by the Union on Sunday 28th 2020
CROSS RIVERS STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
Hon. Enefiok Inyang
2. Vice Chairman
Hon. Festus Ojedor
4. Deputy Secretary
5. Director of Finance
6. Director of Publicity
7. Director of Treasury
Pst. Koton Mboba
8. Director of Youths Affairs
Orok Ita Duke
9. Director Women Affairs
10. Director of Contact &
Elder Lawrence Idem
11. Director of Organizing
12. Director of Civics
13. Director of Legal
Barr. Ijom Ukam
14. Director of Welfare
– Elizabeth Paulinus Ikpi
15. State Director of Security
RESOLUTION NO. 32
EDO STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 32 Edo State Executive Council was ratified by the Union on Sunday 28th 2020
EDO STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
COMR. EVANG. FRANCIS AKHIGBE
MR. ELVIS EDOBOR
Deputy State Chairman
PASTOR VIOLET BLOSSOM
COMR. ELLIOT AIKHEGBE
MR. JULIUS AIGBOGUN
Director Of Organizing
MRS. EVELYN ABODA
Director Of Welfare
MR. TONY NERO ISIBOR
Director Of Publicity
OSAIGBOVO MASSY OSUNDE
Director Of Finance
DR. HENRY IBHAFIDON
Director Of Treasury
DR. SOS ENOMHEN
Director Of Contact And
HON. ESTHER OMON EGHAGHE
Director Of Women Affairs
BARR. KELVIN EHISUAN
Director Of Legal Services
ACTIVIST OSEREMEN OTOIDE
Director Of Youth Affairs
PRINCESS OGBHEMEN ROSEY ILUOGUIKPHE
Director Of Civics
RESOLUTION NO. 33
RATIFICATION OF THE APPOINTMENT OF THE 8 LGA CHAIRMEN BY BAYELSA STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
With Resolution No 33, the Union ratified the Report of the Returning Officer Janet Twonmute in respect of the appointment of the 8 LGA Chairman approved by the Bayelsa State Executive Council as follows:
(1) Kolokuma/ Opokuma; Willie. Albert Kerekebina Esq.
08061322050 Ward 11; (2. Nembe LGA Aseimiegha Orusakwe Ward 13 08033100753; (3. Ogbia LGA
Odoko Saturday Omiloli Ward 12 08036192551 (4. Sagbama LGA Tamaranebi May Richard Ward 5
08038848692 (5. Brass LGA Chf. Feliks Bapaganyo
Ward 4 07033996131; (6. Ekeremo LGA Turki Dauseye
Ward 9 08038788481; (7. Yenagoa LGA Bedford Richman Akahkoli Ward 2l (07030888890; (8. Southern Ijaw LGA
Mark Asari Ward 10 08039293668.
RESOLUTION NO. 34
RATIFICATION OF THE APPOINTMENT OF THE 31 LGA CHAIRMEN BY AKWA IBOM STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
On the 12th July 2020, With Resolution No 34 the House approved the 31 LGA Chairman appointed by the Akwa State Executive Council.
URUAN LGA: Nsikak Okon Chairman; NSIT ATAI LGA Saviour U. Unana Chairman; OKOBO LGA Engr Bartholomew L. Acting Chairman; IBIONO IBOM LGA Otuekong Ekwere Chairman; IKOT EKPENE LGA Ndueso Uwemedimo Chairman; NSIT IBOM LGA
Sammy Charles Chairman; UYO LGA Edidiong Udi Chairman; MPAT ENIN LGA: Mr Michael Boniface Chairman; ITU LGA Emmanuel Ndon Chairman; INI LGA: Apostle Silas Ukata Chairman; UDUNGUKO LGA Emem Okon Chairman; URUEOFFONG/ORUKO LGA Anthony Esin; IBESIKPO ASUTAN LGA Itoro Bassey Chairman; ETINAN LGA -Ubong Nsekpong Chairman; NSIT UBIUM LGA: Esembom Morrison Chairman; ETIM EKPO LGA Etoro N. Udom – Chairman
IKA LGA; Promise Akpan Chairman; EKET LGA Ubong Isukette Chairman; ESSIEN UDIM LGA; Nsikak Stephen IKOT ABASI LGA Nsima Benson – Chairman
ONNA LGA; Henry E. Etuk Chairman; OBOT AKARA LGA Emeineimo M. Ekiko Chairman; IKONO LGA; Engr Ibanga Usoro MBO LGA; Francis Eyo – Chairman
ESIT EKET LGA; Comrade Idongesit Inyang Chairman ABAK LGA; Engr Anyanime Umoedede Chairman; ORUK ANAM LGA; Ndiok Odudobong UKANAFUN LGA: Iniobong Young Mark Chairman; ORON LGA Etim Usung EASTERN OBOLO LGA: Awajima Benson M; IBENO LGA Eno Sunday.
RESOLUTION NO. 35
COMPOSITION OF 7 OUT OF 8 LGAS EXECUIVE COUNCILS BY THE STATE EXECUIVE COUNCIL:
On the 12th July 2020, With Resolution No 35 the House approved the composition of the 7 out of 8 LGAs Executive Councils by the State Executive Council.
BRASS LGA BRACED EXCCUTIVE COUNCIL:
Taylor Dakum Chairman (08035458037); Sunday Omeremu Vice Chairman (07062826811); Osuo George Secretary (08062738076; Biobelemoye Grace Assistant Secretary (07026440864); Biodoumoye George PRO (08141810086); Okienkuma Numotimi Financial Secretary (08131954771); Eunice Ogiya Welfare Secretary (0813867730); Samuel Clement Organizing Secretary (07069541884); Ayebaitari Eferembo Director of Local Government Security; Seiyefa Peter White Treasurer (08064304819); Adebo Sikigha Woman Leader (07035452993); Toinpreye A. Youth Leader (08062389236); Samuel Kelvin Civic Officer (07061686383); Afred Ebi James Contact & Mobilization (07068092716)
KOLOMNA/OPOKUMA LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
(1) Chairman Mr. Jackson Ben Aluku 08038854631; (2.Vice Chairman- Mr Lelei Ebi (3) Secretary- Mr. Silas lbarakumo Silas; (4) Assistant Secretary- Mr Keme Opia; (5) Public Relations Officer- Mr Woyengikuro Ibetei; (6)Financial Secretary- Mr Boleizigha Waribagha; (7) Welfare Officer Barr. Opuowei Zitimiyola 08035919238; (8) Organizing Secretary- Barr. Gbelekumo Berezi; (9) Director of LGA Security- Captain Victor Isowo Retd; (10)Treasurer-Mr Ilaye Fekumo; (11) Woman leader- Madam Ebiundu Akene; (12) Youth Leader- Barr. Panebi Inoru; (13) Contact / Mobilization Waigbakuma Agbozu; (14) Civic Officer- Mr Ogonoye Ifeigja.
NEMBE LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
(1) CHAIRMAN: ORUSAKWE ASEIMIEGHA; (2) VICE CHAIRMAN: WILFRED FRANK OGBOTOBO I; (3) SECRETARY ALASUONYO MATHIAS; ( 4) ASSISTANT SEC. FRIDAY IKALATE, (5) P.R.O BUBELEYE ORUSAKWE; (6) FINANCIAL SEC. AYEBATONYE APPI; (7) CONTACT/MOBILIZATION: INATIMI AKANATE; (8) WELFARE SEC. SOUTA NICHOLAS; (9) ORGANIZING SECRETARY HON. MEREMUBIO ADAMNAGBE; (10) TREASURER
KUROGHOFA TWONMUTE; (11) WOMEN LEADER;
BEREDUGO AYEBAIDUABO; (12) YOUTH LEADER
IFIEMI KYPUS, (13) CONTACT/MOBILIZATION
INATIMI AKANATE; (14) CSO. TONY INABIRIYAI.
OGBIA LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
(1) ODOKO SATURDAY OMILOLI CHAIRMAN 08036192551; (2) ENONI Gbalam IGRUBIA; VICE CHAIRMAN -08066906537; (3)ORUAMA IDUMESARO
SECRETARY08038793621; (4) ENIAMA AZIBATOR ASSISTANT SECRETARY 08037775796; (5) OPAMINOLA ODOKO; PRO -09097043962 ; (6) UDOZI SEIGHA FIN SEC080390328475; (7) MR.DAVID OBORDOR CONTACT & MOBILIZATION 08104343701; (8) CELESTINE ATAMATA WELFARE SECRETARY 08068835463; (9) HON.MAKENI EGBA
ORGANIZING SECRETARY 0706514869 ; (10) LAMAWAL JOHN CSO 08037816900; (11) WISDOM IGRUBIA TREASURER; 08030901820; (12) IMORIWOSI OSAIN WOMAN LEADER; (13) AMASEIMOGHA GODGIFT AZERI YOUTH LEADER
08127888357; (14) WISDOM JOHNNY CIVIC OFFICER
SAGBAMA LGA EXECUTIVES:
(1) Chairman-Tamaranebi May Richard Ward 08038848692; (2) Vice Chairman-Awada Ayibatonye Jeffrey 08111212345; (3) Secretary Ejefia Sunday
08133933483; (4) Assistant Sec Ebikaboere Ambakederemo 08063954950; (5) PRO Willy Ekiseowei
08101554755; (6) Financial Sec. George Michael; (7) Contact and Mobilization, Ikidi Tamaraebi; (8) Welfare Sec. Kemebra Dikumor Egrenbidor 08060588546 (9) Organizing Sec.Emmanuel Atikpa; (10) CSO- Must be retired military officer-Nil; (11) Treasurer Oyintonye Ekiye 08066520891; (12) Woman Leader Mrs Embelakpo Ogru Akem; (13) Youth Leader Barr. Jefferson Sufaide;
(14) Civic Officer, Osuobeni Ebimowei Goodluck
SOUTHERN IJAW LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
(1) Chairman- Mark Asari; (2) Vice Chairman- Okubo Pipabowei (3) Secretary Pius Olotu; (4) Assistant Sec
Hope Godson; (5) PRO Mukesh Gem; 07031644848; (6) Financial Sec Simon Jona; (7) Contact and Mobilization Seighe Ockri 08034722460; (8) Welfare Sec. Ogbofa Temple 08066571640(9) Organizing Sec.
Dr. Ben Tantua; (10) CSO- Must be retired military officer; (11) Treasurer Ebiye Jack; (12) Woman Leader
Ebimotimi Atalawei; (13) Youth Leaders Tari Dibekime; (14) Civic Officer Ekubo Michael Jameson 08121795652
YENAGOA LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
(1) Chairman- Bedford Richman Akahkoli; (2) Vice Chairman Godgift Fefegha 08166693933; (3) Secretary- Frederick Omeleh; (4) Assistant Secretary- Ojebide Akpagra; (5) PRO Ikpaikpai Ikpoukiye A.07011111350; (6) Financial Secretary Kuronipre Etuele 08032766418
(7) Contact and Mobilization Kingsley Waripamo 0806410023; (8) Welfare Sec. Fewaripamogha Tolumoye Goodluck 08066137447; (9) Organizing Secretary Francis Sunny 08032549725; (10) CSO- Must be retired military officer; (11) Treasurer Koko John Seidoukum 0703180188 (12) Woman Leader Mumeya Wonkoya-Okubo 08038825188 (13) Youth Leader Kemela Indali Steve 08161657972 (14) Civic Officer.Ebi Ebipreye Robert 08061318660.
RESOLUTION NO. 36
COMPOSITION OF DELTA STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
On the 12th July 2020, With Resolution No 36 the House approved the BU Delta Executive Council as constituted by the Deputy National President and the State Chairman.
Chairman – Patrick Ochei; Deputy State Chairman – Emmanuel Ekebeh; State Secretary – Idi Presley Ifeanyi; Deputy State Secretary – Ntauko Ifeyinwa ;Director, Public Relations – John Egie; Director of Finance – Pat Onyenibedi; Director of Welfare – Owologba Courage; Director of Organization – Monalisa Ezieshi ; Director, Contact & Mobilization – Semighan Ebi Dickson; Director of Women Affairs – Eris Jewo Ibi; Director, Legal Services – Barr. Sam Akora ;Director, Treasury – Patricia Oyana ; Director, Youth Affairs; Ilugo Cletus; Director of Civics – Bigha Famous
RESOLUTION NO. 37
PRESIDENTIAL APPOIONTMENTS OF SOME MEMBERS :
On the 12th July 2020, With Resolution No 37 the House approved the presidential appointment made by the National President during the week in appreciation of their regularity, punctuality and positive contributions and activeness in their various state Councils as follows:
Mr. Odogbor S. Madison as the LGA Chairman for Isoko South
Dr. Joseph Ugute Obonyano as Chairmen of Isoko North – 08065251786;
Mr. Christopher Asuibi as Co-ordinator of Braced Union, Delta State Chapter, Abuja – 08163287429
Mrs. Monalisa Ezieshi as Chairman of Aniocha North -07063604605;
Ethel Aigberiemoni Women Leader, Edo State 07055117593.
Tabuka Godwin, Chairman of Ovia South West, Edo State 08071269504.
RESOLUTION NO. 38
PRESIDENTIAL APPOIONTMENTS OF SOME MEMBERS :
On the 12th July 2020, With Resolution No 38, the House approved the appointment of 19 LGA Chairmen made by Rivers State Executive Council as follows:
1) Obio Akpor- 08107207121,.
Chief Henry Dike
(2) PHALGA -08063948298
(3) OGU/BOLO -07034815723
(6) Ikwerre -08033133383
Custodian George Chinedu
Hon.Comrade Jerry Horsfall.
Hon.Labomie Henry Braide
(11) Akuku- toru -08038770069
Emmanuel T.E Jaja
(13) BONNY 07030349812 – Karibi Sydney Dappa.
(14) ONELGA 07084464875 -Douglas Ekwem
(15) Abua/Odual 08152778567 – Mubinum Orisa.
(16) Ahoada East – 08063548613
Akiri MaryJane Nkemjika.
(17)Ahoada West – 07035147861
Prof.Ezekiel Dikio Ph.D
(18) Oyigbo -08030735586
(19 TAI 08069280425 – Fred Mene Elijah.
Barr.Benjamin N.O JiJi
(21) Andoni -08065857100
Green Angel Gabriel.
(22) Gokana -08030846931
(23) Khana -080313741012
RESOLUTION NO. 39
RELINQUISHING OF ONE POSITION FROM NEC OFFICERS WITH TWO POSITIONS:
On the 19th July 2020, with Resolution No 39, National Officers with two different positions relinquished one position to the following people:
Madam Eris Jewo Ibi as Woman Leader for Delta State;
Chris Udi as the Akwa Ibom State Chairman
Hon. Blessing Awe as the National Deputy Secretary
Rose Akwaji as the Women Leader for Cross Rivers State.
Lady Vera Sadoh 08036662756 as the Women Leader for Edo State.
RESOLUTION NO. 40
RE: REVIEW OF THE REPORTS OF THE ETHNIC GROUPS AND LANGUAGES IN BRACED REGION BY THE COMMITTEE:
On the 19th July 2020, the House ratified the final reports on the Review of the Ethnic Groups and Languages with Resolution No 40.
RECOMPOSITION OF THE ETHNIC GROUPS/LANGUAGES COMMITTEE:
1. Chief ML Efere 08037056816, Bayelsa State – Chairman
2 Ogbhemhe Iluogwikphe Roxy Alternate Chairman 08033088791, Edo State
3. Dr. Kebe Obete Secretary 08035505856 Cross Rivers State
4. Patricia Gbemudu 08036155984- Delta State
5. Mrs Udeme Boniface 08028256751, , Akwa Ibom State
6. Elder S. Omodu 08063758088. Rivers State.
These past few weeks have been hectic for the committee to the extent we had to plead with the National President to draft all States chairmen to join the committee and also help form sub-committees in their various states to help the committee. Though no sub-committees came forward to openly participate, the states chairmen were always on hand to support this committee (after much prodding anyway). We however thank you all immensely.
To come up with the population figures tasked us greatly because Nigeria last held its census in 2006, and therefore all the figures are projections. We relied on the National Population Commission’s 2016 projections to compute and project figures for 2020 using the World Banks 2020 growth projection of 2.67% YoY for Nigeria, approved by the United Nations. Akwa Ibom State however gave the committee population figures it got from their state government which are by far higher than the referenced World Bank projection.
As we all know and might have experienced, issues about ethnicity and tribalism evokes passion and anytime one wants to go that way, one must thread with caution. There were a lot discrepancies in the information we got about ethnic groups and languages, from the various refenced sources and so in some cases we had to rely completely on information supplied by indigenes of such ethnic groups. At times we even have such contributors from the same ethnic group arguing and providing varied information. This committee used it’s discretion based on majority opinion that tends to be in tandem with referenced material at our disposal.
With the limited time on our hands yet we were able to complete this assignment in record but leaving room for any further future corrections when proper research must have been carried out.
Total Population of Braced
2016 = 28,829,490
2020 = 33,547,260
2016 = 2,278,000
2020 = 2,531,210
2016 = 7,303,990
2020 = 8,091,260
Akwa Ibom Population:
2016 = 5,482,200
2020 = 7,626,200*
Cross River Population:
2016 = 3,866,300
2020 = 4,296,060
2016 = 4,235,600
2020 = 4,707,780
2016 = 5,663,400
2020 = 6,294,750
Number of Ethnic Groups
Identified in Braced
Union States = 89
Number of Ethnic Groups in Bayelsa State = 8
Number of Ethnic Groups in Rivers State = 15
Number of Ethnic Groups in Akwa Ibom State = 10
Number of Ethnic Groups in Cross River State = 36
Number of Ethnic Groups in Edo State = 14
Number of Ethnic Groups in Delta State = 6
Total Number of Languages spoken
in Braced Union States = 131
Number of Languages spoken in Bayelsa State = 9
Number of Languages spoken in Rivers State = 20
Number of Languages spoken in Akwa Ibom State = 17
Number of Languages spoken in Cross River State = 42
Number of Languages spoken in Edo State = 37
Number of Languages spoken in Delta State = 6
RESOLUTION NO. 41
AKWA IBOM STATE COUNCIL CONSTITUTES 12 LGA EXECUTIVE COUNSILS:
With Resolution No 41 the House ratified the 12 LGA Executive Council constituted by Akwa Ibom State Council as follows:
(1) UYO LGA:
(1)Edidiong Udi — Chairman.
(2) Mrs Ekaette O. Joseph—vice chairman,
(3) comr. Edidiong Effiong Asuquo— Secretary,
(4)comr. Charlie Iwatt—Assistant secretary,
(5)Ubong inyang ukana—–PRO,
(6) Imo Udoima—-Financial secretary,
(7)uko efiok—-contact and mobilisation,
(8)Happiness A Etim—-welfare secretary,
(9)Gabriel Asuguo inyang—–organising secretary,
(11) Obot Gracious—-treasurer
(12) Patience J. Bassey——-women leader
(13) Utibe-obong effiong Etim——youth leader
(2). IKOT EKPENE LGA
1 Chairman : Ndueso Uwemedimo Akpan
2. Vice Chairman: Nduno obong
3. Secretary: Nsisiong E. Bassey
4. Assistant Secretary: Edeheudim Elijah
5. PRO: Engr. Godswill Umoh
6. Financial Secretary: INI Akpan James
7. Contact and
Mobilization: Etido Moses Akpan
8. Welfare Secretary: Evelyn Augustine Ukoenin
9 Organizing Secretary: Solomon Ukpong Matthew
10 CSO- Must be retired
11. Treasurer: Uwem EtokAkpan
12. Woman Leader: Ima Michael Udofia
13. Youth Leader: Ifiokabasi A Ukpe
14. Civic Officer: Imo Ekanem.
(3) EKET LGA:
Hon.Ubong John Isukette Chairman 08035790602
Comr. Samuel Ime Akwaowo vice chair.07039193320
Comr. Daniel Edon secretary 08030975532
Comr.Ubong Akpan Ekpe Treasurer 08069212002
Comr. Aniefiok Isukette John P. R. O. 07011055139
Comr. Ukpono Mark Davis Financial sect. 08035613097
Comr.Victor Ikpong Itiat Youth leader 08064853888
Lady Edidiong Etukudo Joe Woman leader 07061886836
Comr. Nsikan Akpadiaha Enobong Assistant secretary 07030347552
Comr.Hope Johnson mbong Financial sect. 09096562993
Comr.Cyril Bassey Inyang Director Contact and mobilization 08104100335
(4) ABAK LGA:
ENGR. ANYANIME UMOEDEDE
2. Deputy co-ordinator
COMRADE EKAETTE UKOH
3. ENGR. CHARLES UDOM
4. ASSIT SECRETARY
COMR USEN-EMEM MKPANG
COMRADE EDIDIONG JIM
6. FINANCIAL SECRETARY
COMRADE AKANINYENE BASSEY
7. CONTACT/ MOBILIZATION
COMRADE ISIDORE USENDOK
8. WELFARE SECRETARY
ENGR. EKPEDEME MATTHEW
9. ORANISING SECRETARY
COMRADE ODUDU IBANGA
COMRADE JOHN ETIM
COMRADE MFON EKPO
12. WOMEN LEADER
13. YOUTH LEADER
COMRADE EKIKERE CHARLES
14. CIVIC OFFICER
COMRADE ANIETIE UDO
(5) URUEOFFONG/ URUKO LGA:
1. Comr. Anthony Esin – CHAIRMAN
2. Pastor Duke Akarawak – VICE CHAIRMAN
0816 499 3708
3. Comr. Henry Asangansi – Secretary
0806 583 0835
4. Blessing Okwong – Asst. Secretary
0816 960 5186
5. Comr. Joseph Atai
0907 404 0434
6. Comr. Grace Bassey: Woman Leader: 08131208262
7. Mrs Ruth Akarawak : Treasurer: 07062848100
8. Comr. Emmanuel Akaiso: Organizing Sec: 08067876266
9. Barr. Bassey Akadu: Civic Officer: 08068026289
10. Comr. Ikwo Mkponuko: Welfare Secretary: 07065204138
11. Pastor Daniel Assi: Financial Sec.: 09030849044
12. Idung Effiong Mkpa: Youth Leader: 08038232012
13. Comr. Victor Okonulu: Contact& Mobilization
14. CSO – Capt. Inwang (Rtd)
(6) ESIT EKET LGA:
List of Esit Eket LGA Executives
1. Comr Idongesit Inyang — 09012633288
2. Mr. Godwin Mark——- 09033577587
3. Mr. Victor Inyang——— 09024401794
4. Samuel Akpan ———-08025798548
5.Emediong Charles. 08169500159
6. Hon. Dornasien Sunday. 08157551395
Contact mobilizing Secretary
7. Miss Helen Edoho. 09084420426
8. Comr. Benjamin Etinwa 08020657352
9. Gideon Offobi. 08028098705
10. Mr. Uduak Aduakide. 08147934989
11. Samben Ntimin. 07031173123
12. Mr. Paul Inyang 08140952004
(7) IKONO LGA:
1 Chairman – Engr. Ibanga Usoro
2. Vice Chairman – Akanimo Raphael Umoh
3. Secretary – Aniefiok Francis
4. Assistant Secretary – Ifure Akpan
5. PRO -Ubong Alfred
6. Financial Secretary- Abasifreke Nsima
7. Contact and
Mobilization – Edidiong Ubokudom
8. Welfare Secretary – Akanimo Okon Akpan
9 Organizing Secretary – Nsisong Ebong
10 CSO- Must be retired military officer
11. Treasurer – Akanimo Ini
12. Woman Leader – Theresa Michael Etefia
13. Youth Leader – Ifiok Ekong
14. Civic Officer – Utibe Ekpo
(8) UDUNDUKO LGA:
Ememobong Monday Okon – Chairman
Hon. Daniel Edet Asuquo – Vice Chairman
Enonyong Obiosio Mkpoelasoyo – Secretary
Edet Edet Johnson – Assistant Secretary
Okon Effiong Okon- PRO-07036867325
Ndifreke Peter Efa- Financial Secretary
Abasiono Edet Antai – Contact and Mobilization
John Etim Okon- Welfare Officer
Osung Effiong Anwana- Organizing Secretary
Effiong Edet Eyo(Rtd) – CSO
Imoh Etim Eneh – Treasurer
Mary Etim Okon- Woman Leader
Ating John Ating – Youth Leader
Saviour Effiong Anlak – Civic Officer
(9) OKOBO L.G.A
1. Bartholomew Ating : 08035535817 – CHAIRMAN.
2.Rose Ayeh : 08062358955 – VICE CHAIRMAN
3. Christopher Edunoh : 08037966544 – SECRETARY.
4. Iyere Bassey Iyere : 08035533882 – ASST. SECRETARY.
5. Asukwo Bassey Effiong : 08133168867 – PRO.
6. Lawrence Umoh Ekpeyong : 08032775724 – FINANCIAL SEC.
7. Emmanuel Essang : 09025449186 – CONTACT & MOB.
8. Victor Obiesio : 07051862054 – WELFARE.
9. Joseph Effiong Inyang : 08135135886 – ORG. SECRETARY.
10. Veronica Johnson : 08060859299 – CSO.
11. Stella Isemin : 08137268266 – TREASURE.
12. Mercy Uneh : 07034911576 – WOMAN LEADER.
13. Kingsley Anyin : 09035848113 – YOUTH LEADER.
14. Emmanuel Bassey Ating : 08038175321 – CIVIC OFFICER.
(10) MKPAT ENIN LGA:
Michael Boniface Udo – coordinator
Prophet Christian Odoi – Vice president
Cornelia Solomon Bassey – Secretary
Mfon Joseph – Assistant secretary
Joseph Inyang – contact $ mobilization
Gideon Ebong – organizing secretary
Unwana Isaac – Youth leader
Israel Kennedy – Fin secretary
Mercy Henry Obot – PRO
Theresa Ukpong – woman Leader
Aniekeme Anietie Ekaette – Treasurer
Otobong Sampson – welfare office
Usenobong Ekponyoh – civic officer
(11) ONNA LGA
1. Henry Etuk – Awa4 – 08069215821 – Chairman
2. Anietie Friday – Nung Ndem1 – 08085232286 – Vice Chairman
3. Uduak Obong Jimmy – Onniong East1 – 07067411676 – Secretary
4. Akaniyene Joseph – Awa4 – 08025767694 – Organizing Secretary
5. Jerry Williams – Oniong west2 – 08067680799 – Treasurer
6. Emmanuel Essiet – Oniong East3 – 07068728492 – Dir. Civic
7. Collins Antiaobong – Oniong east2 – 08023903934 – Ex. off
8. Joseph Akpaette – Awa3 – 07084990000 –
9. Ekaofon Idiok – Oniong west2 – 08064182762 – Contact and Mobilization
10. Ubong Holiday – Awa1- 08066638991 – Publicity Secretary
11. Ifiok Ukpe – Nung Ndem – 08168924232 Asst Secretary
(12) NSIT UBIUM LGA
1) Esembom Morrison- Chairman- 07035031077
2) James James Sampson- Vice Chairman-08035777100
3) Bar. Rex Etuk Gideon- Secretary- 07034823167
4) Bassey Ekpa- Assistant Secretary
5) Ime Etop John -PRO-08029605294
6) Enwongo Morrison- Treasurer- 08134108339
7) Ime Silas – Financial Secretary
8) Saviour Williams- Organising Secretary- 08064618551
9) Imo Etuk – Youth Leader- 08063498108
10) Edna Ekpo – Woman Leader
11) John Sampson – Director of Mobilization – 08035777100
12) Ettekamba Bassey- Director of Welfare
13) Obot Ekim – Civil/ Media Director
14) Monday Benson- CSO.
RESOLUTION NO. 42
CROSS RIVERS COUNCIL APPOINTS 18 LGA CHAIRMEN
With Resolution No 42, the House approved the 18 LGA Chairmen appointed by the Cross Rivers State Council as follows:
BRACED UNION: Cross River LGA Chairmen
1. Bekwara: Hon. Okara Ekawu
2. Obanliku: Aniah Emmanuel A.
3. Obudu: Philip Ogbeche
4. Ogoja: Daniel Abang
5. Yala: Hon. Sunday Ojiho
6. Abi: Runyi Ben
7. Boki: Hon. Douglas Ogar
8. Etung: Sylvester Okey
9. Ikom: Alobi James
10. Obubra: Hon. Raymond Okenjom
11. Yakurr: Rev. Dr. Bassey Okri Inah
12. Akamkpa: Paulinus Edet
13. Akpabuyo: Asuquo Martins
14. Bakasi: Affiong Asuquo Effiom
15. Biase: Ekpenyong Okpoh Oja
16. Calabar Municipal: Derek Efio-Efanga
17. Calabar South: Maurice Archibong
18. Odukpani: Prince Bassey Itam
RESOLUTION NO. 43
EDO STATE COUNCIL APPOINTS 18 LGA CHAIRMEN:
With Resolution No 43 the House ratified the 18 LGA Chairmen appointed by Edo State Council as follows:
1. Esan West LGA,
Barr. Ade Irehovbude.
Phone Number – 07068915999.
2. Esan Central LGA,
Dr. Celestine Okonofua.
Phone Number – 08055576771.
3. Esan North East LGA,
Comrade Tunde Aigberemolen.
Phone Number – 08165921530.
4. Esan South East LGA,
Mr. Felix Omoh Asun.
Phone Number – 07060576600.
5. Igueben LGA,
Pastor Egho Ofu.
Phone Number – 08056569712.
6. Oredo LGA,
Mr. Freedom Ogierakh.
Phone Number – 08063000385.
7. Ikpoba Okha LGA,
Mr. Edosa Okunbor.
Phone Number – 08059122333.
8. Egor LGA,
Mr. Alex Guobadia.
Phone Number – 08181902822.
9. Uhumwonde LGA,
Comrade John Ohenhen.
Phone Number – 08057379721.
10. Orhiomwon LGA,
Mr. Charles Imuentiyan.
Phone Number – 08157939264.
11. Ovia North East LGA,
Mr. Dominic Edobor.
Phone Number – 08056517794.
12. Ovia South West LGA,
Barr. Tabuka Godwin.
Phone Number – 08071269504.
13. Etsako East LGA,
Hon. Chris Columbus.
Phone Number – 08064227717.
14. Etsako Central LGA,
Prince Ashiru Umoru.
Phone Number – 08033736843.
15. Owan West LGA,
Mr. Gideon Akpata.
Phone Number – 08032241806.
16. Owan East LGA,
Mr. Julius Aigbogun.
Phone Number – 08077508400.
17. Akoko Edo LGA,
Mr. O. Momoh.
Phone Number – 08082377530.
18. Etsako West LGA,
Alhaji Oshobugie Bonbist.
Phone Number – 08034648404.
RESOLUTION NO. 44
RIVERS STATE COUNCIL CONSTITUTE 18 LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCILS:
With Resolution No 44, the House approved the 18 LGA constituted by Rivers Executive Council as follows:
OGU/BOLO LGA Executives.
1.Chairman- Hon Opuda Jumbongodaka
2. Vice Chairman- Chief Bapakaye S.Obaka JP
3.Secretary. Hon TO ON IT ONE Omoneokuma
4. Assistant Secretary- Ibifubara Isetima
5.PRO. SOBIE lwarige
6.Financial Secretary. Peter Tende
7. Contract and Mobilizing Officer. Christian Tamunoiminabo
8.Welfare Secretary Dinah Kulobo
9. Organizing Secretary Shadrick Obudendemie
11. Treasurer- Engr.Litany Anga
12. Woman Leader- Helen Dukobo
13. Youth Leader -Anga
14. Civic Officer Michael Alamina.
OYIGBO L.G.A EXECUTIVE’ S LIST..,
(1). Chairman:.. Nwogu, C. Kenneth..
(2). Vice Chairman.. Chief Chikezie Ogbonna..
(3). Secretary.. Hon. Christian George Nwogu.
(4).Asst. Sec…Hon. Emmanuel Akara..
(5).P.R.O… Nna Emeka kanu…
(6).Fin. Sec. .. Engr. Nnah Chijioke Godwin…
(7). Contact & Mobilization.. Mr. Stanley Mbadiugha…
(8) Welfare Officer…Mr Fortune Nwokoni..
(9). Organizing Secretary.
Uche Okechukwu Kalu ..
(10).C.S.O.. Hon. Sunny Williams… .
(11) Treasurer.. Mr. Godswill O. Nwamkpa..
(12). Woman Leader.. Mrs Lilian Onyekwere…
(13).Youth Leader.. Mr. Emeole Collins Nwankwo..
(14). Civic Officer…Mr. Emmanuel Anaele Okere.
BRACED UNION Degema LGA Executive council: (1).Hon.Labomie Henry Braide.. Chairman…08066032463. (2).Dr Otokini George…Vice Chairman…08033479261. (3).Doris Joseph.. Secretary…08066791762. (4).Barr.Daba Ekine…Asst.Secretary..07062092110
(5). Napoleon Sokoro..PRO…08165865124
(6).Amb.Benibo Paul.. Financial Sec..07064971087
(7). Samuel Solomon.. Contact/mobilization…08167536928
(8).Fenibo Tennyson Yeriso… Welfare Sec…07063559960
(9).Prince Harry… Organising Sec…08023612555
(10).Allwell Rex Iyalla… CSO…07025428225
(11). Engr.Tams-stowe Yellowe….Treasurer…0806799384
(12).Ene Obene… Woman Leader..08032708931
(13). Joseph Uche…Youth Leader…07063198387
(14). Lawrence Friday… Civic Officer…08068833941
IKWERRE LGA EXECUTIVES:
1 Chairman: Chinedu Opurum
2.Vice Chairman: Amadi Iheanyichukwu
3.Secretary- Amb.Barr.Israel Abosi
4.Assistant Secretary: Solomon Emenike
5.PRO: Hon. Henry Abraham
6. Financial Secretary: Chinedu Okwu.
7.Contact and Mobilization: Miss Aleru Ogechi.
8.Welfare Secretary:- Bright Wachukwu
9 Organizing Secretary : VICTOR wabueze
10.CSO- Must be retired military officer
11.Treasurer: Amadi Ernest
12.Woman Leader: Mrs Julet Amadi
13.Youth Leader:Egbule Kingsley
14.Civic Officer:Didia Osa Chimele
LGA EXECUTIVE COUNCIL LISTS:
Hon.comrade Jerry Horsfall.
2. Vice Chairman
Mrs Blessing Williamson
4. Assistant Secretary
Mr Jebretoaa Princewill
Hon Ake Odiem Wokoma
Phone number: 07030228215
6. Financial Secretary
Mr Micheal West
7. Contact and
Hon Amos Peter
8. Welfare Secretary
9 Organizing Secretary
Mrs Victoria Batubo
Phone number:08063532133/WhatsApp and Telegram number-08026968673
10 CSO- Must be retired
Godknowns George a retired military officer(retired senior Army Officer)
Mr Sobomate Isokariari
12. Woman Leader
13. Youth Leader
14. Civic Officer
Hon Bestman Bestman
AHOADA EAST EXECUTIVE LIST
Akiri Maryjane nkemjika
2) Vice chairman
4) Assistant secretary
6) Financial secretary
Akiri Vivian nkriuka
7) Contact and mobilization
8) welfare secretary
9) Organizing secretary
Ali uwo Emmanuel
11) Woman leader
12) Youth leader
13) Civic Officer
ABUA/ODUAL LGA EXECUTIVES:
1 Chairman_ Comrade Mubimun Orisa.08152778564.
2. Vice Chairman- Otuemugh Wodo.08034932311.
3. Secretary-Engr.Igoma Opelia.s.08037597758.
4. Assistant Secretary-Magnus Olemi.08165180470.
5. PRO- Kwame A. Okese.08071799152.
6. Financial Secretary-Charles Enaanonogh.08084771656.
7. Welfare Secretary-Sunday Wekulum.08139329769.
8. Organizing Secretary-Umor-Oyeni Ukayuka Edum.07066100901.
9 CSO- Must be retired
military officer- Moses Orugbani.08066904338.
10 Treasurer-Ms Onom Alali.08063938992.
11 Woman Leader-Ms Esima Frank Williams.07050749373.
12. Youth Leader-Norman
13. Civic Officer-Royal Ikiti.08103369336.
14. Contact and mobilization. Omanoye Ibo.08075975141.
OBIO/AKPOR LGA EXECUTIVES:
1. Chairman:*CHF DIKE HENRY *
2. Vice Chairman:*HON THANKGOD BEKEE*
3. Secretary:*HON KINGSIZE NNA*
4. Assistant Secretary:*HON IKECHI OKPOBIRI*
5. PRO:*MR EHORO HUMPHREY*
6. Financial Secretary:*MR IKE OWHONDA*
7. Contact and Mobilization:*MR VICTOR ALERUCHI*
8. Welfare Secretary:*COM FRANKLYN OWHOR*
9. Organizing Secretary:*MR SAMUEL ORIJI*
10. CSO:*RTD CPT BROWN ALLWELL*
11. Treasurer:*MR TEMPLE ONUKEM*
12. Woman Leader:*Augustina Buduburisi*
13. Youth Leader:*MR KELVIN CHINDA*
14. Civic Officer:*PRINCE HENRY IWEZOR*
ELEME L.G.A BRACED UNION EXECUTIVE LIST:
1.CHAIRMAN-Barr.Benjamin N.O Jiji-09026206241;07057604686,Ward 6,Eteo
2.VICE CHAIRMAN-Mrs.Abigail Olukanwi-08136270043,Alesa,Ward 1.
3.SECRETARY-Mr.OlearuObari Obele-08098480601,Aleto Ward 10
4.ASST.SEC-AmekabeObari Osaro-08034650241,Ekporo,Ward 5
5.P.R.O-Comrade Obari Aaron Gomba-07015619183;07067636358,Agbonchia,Ward 8.
6.CONTACT & MOBILIZATION-Mr.Tetenwi, Johnson Obarite-08063888953,Alesa,Ward 1.
7.FINANCIAL SEC-Miss.Ollornwi AmebeObari-09023059678,Eteo,Ward 6.
8.TREASURER-Mr.Chindo Ngboejor-08164487565,Onne,Ward 7.
9.WELFARE SEC-Mr.Ogbomaeto Nkewa-08184478687,Eteo Ward 6.
10.ORGANIZING SEC-Oyor Johnson-08037651948,Ogale Ward 3.
11.WOMEN LEADER-Blessing MBA Ogbuji-07035354709,Aleto,Ward 10.
12.YOUTH LEADER:Favour Ollor-08161710224,Ebubu,Ward 4.
13.CIVIC OFFICER-Mr.Emmanuel -08032329957-Akpajo,Ward 9.
EMOHUA LGA EXECUTIVES:
1 Chairman: Amobi Nyeche , WhatsApp no 08069195738
2. Vice Chairman: pst Chidiobe Enyinda, WhatsApp no 08068912941
3. Secretary: Eberechi Omodu, WhatsApp no 09034639610
4. Assistant Secretary: Barrister Kamalu Chidinma Harvest, WhatsApp no 07065001606
5. PRO: Dimkpa Sunny Andy WhatsApp no 08187363165
6. Financial Secretary: Ikechi Enyinda, WhatsApp no 07060836706
7. Contact and
Mobilization: Justice Nwoburike Ogbaka, WhatsApp no 08029733113
8. Welfare Secretary-Onuegbu Benjamin 08032662814
9 Organizing Secretary: Woruka Victor Chbite, WhatsApp no 08038752071
10 CSO- Must be retired
military officer:Asp(Rtd) Anthony Nmekini, WhatsApp no 09066135770
11. Treasurer: Ogbonna Oluchi Precious, WhatsApp no 08167251734
12. Woman Leader: Odike Gloria Omasuruchi, WhatsApp no 07053445153
13. Youth Leader, Chijioke Amadi: WhatsApp no 08064121891
14. Civic Officer: Charles Okenwe, WhatsApp no 08039467405
ANDONI LGA EXECUTIVES:
1 Chairman – Angel Green – ward 9
2. Vice Chairman
3. Secretary – Victory Anthony – ward 8
4. Assistant Secretary – Eneotu – Williams – ward 3
5. PRO – Nte Ineme-Awaji Augustine – ward 8
6. Financial Secretary – Anthony Eunice- ward 4
7. Contact and
Mobilization – Abraham Dick – ward 2
8. Welfare Secretary – Abraham Adam – ward 7
9 Organizing Secretary – Waribo Eneoreuwu – ward 1
10 CSO- Must be retired
11. Treasurer – Ujamandeng Didymus – ward 6
12. Woman Leader- Nsan-Awaji K. – ward 10.
13. Youth Leader- Onomonye Gladday- ward 9
14. Civic Officer- Aman Paul- ward 1
1 Chairman: Atako Benneth (08063948298)
2. Vice Chairman: Tima Jamabo (0811 571 1988)
3. Secretary: Lawrence Lawrence Obianime
4. Assistant Secretary: Aleruchi Odum (0813460 3733)
5. PRO: Hon Gift Chukwu (08033407585)
6. Financial Secretary: Mrs Loyce Wokekoro
7. Contact and
Mobilization: Dabelem wanike (08035445429)
8. Welfare Secretary: Madam Ichechukwu Enoch
9 Organizing Secretary : Prosper Amara (08065940383)
10. Treasurer: Chf Raphael Koko ( 08033387463)
11. Woman Leader: Mrs Tari Ekine (08032575523)
12. Youth Leader: Goodluck Azunwena: (07034787179)
RESOLUTION NO. 45
BU MEETING CLASSIFICATIONS:
With Resolution No 45 the National Congress approves the following categories of meeting in Braced Union:
LGA Congress and
RESOLUTION NO. 46
HANDLING MINUTES OF MEETING:
With Resolution No 46, the National Congress approved that since the meetings for now are VIRTUAL, NEC has resolved that minutes of the meetings at all levels should be posted at least 30 minutes before the meeting and that Matters Arising too should be carefully selected out as NOTES to make discussion on them easy.
RESOLUTION NO. 47
BU SECURITY COUNCILS:
With Resolution No 47 the National Congress approved that for proper coordination and especially for security reasons, NEC has decided to break the BU Security Councils into 4 categories:
NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL:
The National Director of Security
All the Six State Director Of Security
Retired Senior Military Personnel from Braced Region
Very Few Selected Elders/Members
STATE SECURITY COUNCIL
The State Director of Security
All the LGA Directors of Security
Retired Military personnel from that State
The State Executive Members
Very Few Selected Elders/Members
LGA SECURITY COUNCIL:
The LGA Director of Security
All the Ward CSOs
All the LGA Executive Members
Very Few Selected Elders/Members
WARD SECURITY COUNCIL:
The Ward CSO
All the Ward Executive Members
All the Unit Leaders
Very Few Selected Elders/Members
MODE OF OPERATION:
The Ward CSOs will meet and give reports to the LGA Security Council.
The LGA Security Councils will meeting and give reports to the State Security Council.
The State Security Council will meet and give reports to the National Security Council.
The National Security Council will meet and liaise with the State Governors, Federal, State Legislators and Council Chairmen on the security challenges facing Braced Region.
When they are properly constituted, the meeting schedules shall be worked out.
RESOLUTION NO. 48
HANDING OVER TO AKWA IBOM, RIVERS AND BAYELSA STATE COUNCILS:
With Resolution No 48, the National Congress approved NEC handing full leadership status to Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa States Council on 15th August 2020.
The State Chairmen of these three Councils shall be coordinating the activities of the councils, while the National President, National Secretary remain as members and will still be monitoring the activities to ensure that they do not deviate from BU set goals and objectives.
The State Congresses remain as fixed but the National President will always send his goodwill messages to all the State Councils during the State Congress.
NEC will use the opportunity to find out those State Excos members that are not performing for possible replacement.
During AOB, the NP shall call the Roll Call of all Exco Members one after the other from the Chairman to the least; any member absent from three consecutive State Congresses shall be replaced without further notice.
God bless Braced Union.
Together We Win.
Elder Emmanuel Effiong
8TH AUGUST 2020