Are you looking for well paid and fully sponsored scholarship? If yes, your prayers has been answered. apply now for Africa Initiative for Governance, AIG Scholarships 2019/2020
The AIG Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35. Africa Initiative for Governance AIG Scholarships 2019-2020 are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford.
AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Please note that:
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
- Only applicants selected for the second round of the AIG Scholarships selection process will be notified, and asked to provide further information
- Scholarship winners must be prepared to undertake to return to their country of origin and work in the public sector of that country for a minimum period of three years, and be willing to sign a Bond to that effect
AIG Scholarships Requirements
To be eligible for the AIG Scholarships, candidates must meet the requirements below:
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- You must have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Applicants who reach the second stage of AIG Scholarships selection will be required to furnish the following additional information.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Academic Transcripts
- Academic and/or Professional References (four in total). Please note that at least two of the references must be from individuals whom you studied under at university. The references should be sent directly to AIG, and should attest to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be given by people who are related to the applicant.)
- Personal Essay (no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Why you are interested in public service and public policy; describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are important to you and how you would utilise this opportunity.
- The description of a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that you believe demonstrates your leadership potential, and the impact of that achievement.
- Two passport photographs
- New applicants should click on the “Start Application” tab on the site menu and provide their basic information. On submission of your basic information, you will instantly receive an acknowledgement e-mail, from the portal containing a link that will enable you to continue the application process. You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application.
How To Apply for Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019/2020
Interested and qualified candidates who wants to apply for Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019/2020 should Click Here To Apply online
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019/2020, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.